Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

What you are proposing is outrageous, but here are the exact reasons why having a bench of random people in the queue for LoL would not work:

• The replacement can't be guaranteed to be of equal skill level of the player they are replacing
    • The replacement will not be aware of the context of the game they are in:
      • The champion they are playing (if they are even able to play that champion well/at all!)
      • The half finished build that they are inheriting on that champion
      • The builds and skill level of their teammates and those on the enemy team
      • The current status of important map objectives (baron/dragon map control, turret health, etc)
    • The turnover time in connecting a new player to the game (loading time) will leave the replaced player's champion uncontrolled for some time, probably getting them killed and otherwise putting them at an incredible disadvantage.
    • If the original player reconnects because they just had a connection issue, the replacement would have to be kicked out or the original not allowed to rejoin their game.
    • The difficulty of communication and associating with a new player mid-game and working with them on the team would be challenging for both the replacement and the pre-existing team.

In the end, the effects of someone leaving would still, even with a "bench", be devastating to a game. In fact, having a bench would often times just make it overall worse (because of the reasons above).

Trust that the game designers have already given this thought and worked out the best way to implement their game.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Dili you misunderstand, I'm not asking for a bench of people to sit around and wait to start one specific match.

What I ask is for people who are sitting in queue waiting like always, HAD the oppertunity to fill the 5th slot in a game where the 5th person left for whatever reason, you know, so that team wasnt stuck with 4 people for the rest of the match.

And as I said earlier, why not have whatever new person who joins, automatically get the level of the lowest level person in the game? He'd be up to speed, atleast somewhat depending on how the fight goes(as in the lowest level in the ENTIRE game, not just your own team)
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

LOL i didnt even look back at this after i posted..seems like i started a flame war AND reopened the thread.. *feels pretty pro now...
    http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=2360454

Credits to Psychotray for sig
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Dili you misunderstand, I'm not asking for a bench of people to sit around and wait to start one specific match.

What I ask is for people who are sitting in queue waiting like always, HAD the oppertunity to fill the 5th slot in a game where the 5th person left for whatever reason, you know, so that team wasnt stuck with 4 people for the rest of the match.

And as I said earlier, why not have whatever new person who joins, automatically get the level of the lowest level person in the game? He'd be up to speed, atleast somewhat depending on how the fight goes(as in the lowest level in the ENTIRE game, not just your own team)
    But theres the problem anyway, I guess most people dont want to join a already started game, even if they are in que. Like Dili said, they would know nothing of the game and probably just ruin the game even more because they might not know the tactics of the player he has taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post

I did understand you, and the points that I outlined are still relevant
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

All of his points are still relevant... besides, if I was waiting in a queue to join people who had disconnected... there are just so many logistical errors.

It would have to check for a ton of different parameters - you'd have to have the champion of the person who disconnected, for one thing, which you may or may not have... and you might be horrifically awful with them, and make it even worse. It would make the most sense if you inherited the character at the time the person disconnected, because you'd have to have all their items/creep score/everything... And you might end up being stuck with a build/creep score that is ridiculous or beneath/above your level of skill.

There are way too many factors in the game for this to work properly :/

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Default Ragequitters

If you have ever played games where ragequitting had no negative side you'd see that there are quite a few ragequitters and they can ruin a game that would've been an easy win. It is quite annoying playing those games and I often have trouble finding good ones that dont last 2 minutes before losing your team. I love the LoL system, although it can get annoying it stops people from leaving and ruining a game. Just make sure you have time for a game before you start. I have played something other than LoL because i didnt think I would have 30-45 minutes to devote to it.

If you're not gonna finish a game then don't start one, it screws your teammates over and that's not fair to them, man up

Thread Information