Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Yeah... I'm not seeing the problem here.. Perfectly good analogy.

I think you're taking things a bit too personally Saph. The rules are set the way they are to benefit the majority of those that play, and provide them with a solid and fair competitive experience.
    Sure, cause I'm the only person out of all who play LoL who think that the system is a pile of crap...
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

You can't expect a game like LoL to work the same way as a soccer match. In soccer, the have extra people for that team waiting to get in. If LoL had a reserve system where every team had 6 players, where only 5 were active at a time, then it would be the same.

If you want to compare it to a soccer game, if a player gets ejected with a red card, the whole team is down a player and it is a disadvantage for the entire team. That's what LoL is like.

AND you don't get banned in LoL for every single leave, I've seen people with 100-200 leaves on their account and I've asked them, they've never been banned.

When you leave, your team gets the opportunity to report you. LoL Has a tribunal system that allows gamers like you and me to vote on these cases. Most of the cases there are leaver complaints. And the users get to vote whether to punish or forgive the person that was reported. So you can't blame the developers, your fellow gamers are the ones who decide what happens. And if someone you played with is a part of that tribunal, then your chances of getting banned are much higher and that's probably what happened to you.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

2 leaves 1 suspension for 24 hours?.......

So what you're saying is, that if you're lucky, you can have 200 leaves and not get banned cause people forgive you, but if you're unlucky, you can get banned in maybe 5 cause people did NOT forgive you?

Again...how in the flying piece of ****rat does that manage to reach a state of fairness? How is that possible? If you're lucky, you can leave all you want, no one cares, and the system pretty much doesn't apply to you in any way. If you're unlucky, you can practically never leave, cause everyone cares, and the system pretty much breathes down your neck the moment you click "play now"....

Where's this FAIRNESS that every single damned person seems to preach around here?

And seriously, those of you who feel it neccersary to -rep me...go **** yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Sure, cause I'm the only person out of all who play LoL who think that the system is a pile of crap...
    I said or implied you were? Quit being an ass, I said the system was in place to benefit the majority of the players.

Sig by TheMangler

I said or implied you were?
    I think you did, yes. Unless I misunderstood you, in which case I'm sorry

I say we leave this thread for the moment, feelings are WAY to high up, we can maybe continue after they have coolend down some.

I think you're taking things a bit too personally Saph. The rules are set the way they are to benefit the majority of those that play, and provide them with a solid and fair competitive experience.
    I think you did, yes. Unless I misunderstood you, in which case I'm sorry
    I did not.

It's all good.

Sig by TheMangler

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Most people with 200+ leaves are around from when the system was less strict. They are, I think, harsher on newer players, because you had several leaves from the beginning of when you started to play... They want to enforce the idea that leaving is bad, especially because a lot of people come from FPS games where you can leave whenever you want.

I don't think a replacement system would work for a game like LoL. It just doesn't make sense to use in this kind of game, because there are too many factors.

And stop saying that I am not looking at any other side. I actually am, and you're the one who is getting angry, heated, and defensive.

Saph, calm down.

Do not start swearing at everyone. It's not acceptable.

edit: and that goes for everyone. No personal insults.
    Last edited by Muffincat; 07-12-2011 at 04:47 PM.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

2 leaves 1 suspension for 24 hours?.......

So what you're saying is, that if you're lucky, you can have 200 leaves and not get banned cause people forgive you, but if you're unlucky, you can get banned in maybe 5 cause people did NOT forgive you?

Again...how in the flying piece of ****rat does that manage to reach a state of fairness? How is that possible? If you're lucky, you can leave all you want, no one cares, and the system pretty much doesn't apply to you in any way. If you're unlucky, you can practically never leave, cause everyone cares, and the system pretty much breathes down your neck the moment you click "play now"....

Where's this FAIRNESS that every single damned person seems to preach around here?

And seriously, those of you who feel it neccersary to -rep me...go **** yourselves.
    Who said life is fair? And you're seriously blowing everything out of proportion. You're acting as if they made you pay a $1000 fine and cost you your job or something. Then I'd understand your anger. But you're just ranting on about a game because you believe it's not fair. The game wasn't designed for you or any other individual. You can't expect every game to have the same system you're used to (like in WoW).
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I say we leave this thread for the moment, feelings are WAY to high up, we can maybe continue after they have coolend down some.
    Gotta agree with Paec.

Nonetheless, Muffin, and now it's my turn to ask you to elaborate.

How would it not work to setup a 'match finder' system in LoL? How would it not work to have people in queue fill the spot that someone else left?
    -If you say its a level issue: Well, have them join the game as the lowest level in the game at the time. Problem solved.

Pros that I can see:
    People sitting in queues would have much shorter queues
    People who needs to leave could leave, but rage quitting should still be punished(someone reports someone for getting angry or whatever for example)
    People would feel more welcome. It is true, that most games allow people to leave when they want. Why should LoL not? Maybe it'd scare less people away(forcefully or willingly)

Cons that I can see:
    ......?

Paec has a point as I mentioned. I won't respond to whatever you write immediately, cause I'm gonna calm down first.

Thread Information