Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Angry This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!(League of Legends)

This is a rant about League of Legends, and the piss poor job that the devs have done with the suspension system, and their 'no leave cuz u must plai teh gaim beach' policy.

I'm so pissed off I'm shaking....

I've played LoL for 4 days, that's it. 4.

I leave a few times due to daughter crying or my wife needing my help, and I click leave, as is my right. I am under NO obligation to remain on my ass playing their game just cause it's alittle inconvenient for 4 other people. I don't care what it says in whatever TOS they might have, it's wrong, and if a person doesn't wanna play a video game anymore, its their right to leave WHENEVER, HOWEVER they want. No crappy little game dev can tell anyone otherwise.

They've decided to suspend my account for 24 hours cause of it.

For WHAT exactly? For exacting my right as a person to do wtf ever I want as long as it breaks no federal laws? Who the **** do they think they are to punish me for something as simple as stopping to play a game.?

With a match lasting anywhere between 20 minutes to 1 hr 15 min(as long and short as I've had them so far), then how could they possibly expect people to sit through them, while they might have to cook dinner, or change their daughters diaper, or cause she wakes up or go to bed cause you're exhausted, or go to school, or go to work, or go spend time with your family, or go play another game cause their game is just plain old boring after a few hours? They expect you to sit through another 40 minutes if you get bored half way through, or if real life calls? BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! REAL LIFE COMES FIRST NOOBS!

They need themselves a damned replacement engine. When one leaves, another gets to take his place, that's one thing WoW got right with their dungeon group finder. If 1 person leaves in the middle, a new one can take his place instantly. It shortens wait time, and improves gaming experience.

So.......

WHY THE **** NOT!?!?!?

I don't get this...what do they call their asses..Riot Games? Whatever? I don't get them, their system is so flawed I don't see how people with a life can play their game without getting perma banned for it in the long run?
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

That is crappy, but I think the purpose behind it was if someone is a rage quitter or something of the sort its suppose to keep them in line and if they do it too many times this occurs. The system isnt really flawed it just cant tell the difference between when a gamer is handling a real life situation or just rage quitting.

Sucks you were suspended. But personally, I like the system because so many people leave because they're angry they're losing or just mad at another player. I know it can be unfair to people with real life stuff, but can't really do anything about that.

I agree they should replace players if someone leaves, would make games more worth it if someone on your team disconnects early. Last week I played a game 3v5 because two people left at the 3 minute mark and we got whooped.

I wish they had the system in Left 4 Dead/2 because so many people leave if they lose just one round or die once in the game, it's so much more annoying because it's contagious. When one person leaves, there is like a 80% chance the entire team will leave and you have to restart.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

And therefor, its a crappy, flawed, pointless, inconsistent with reality, and downright rediculous system that there should be some law against.

It's like prison.

Throwing a thug in prison for attempting to rob someone for example.

He gets out of prison however long later.

He is in a gang now cause it is neccersary for prison survival.

He is harder now cause he had to stone over his heart or he'd get killed by his own.

He is pissed cause he feels he's an outcast to society, ergo, society rules dont apply to him.

He goes out and murders a family for their jewelry.

He goes to prison for life.

Escapes

Kills more people just for the fun of it.

A less brutal version is LoL:

A perfectly normal player gets tired and leaves, maybe 2 nights in a row cause he stays up too late and LoL is really not that important to him.

He doesnt rage quit etc. He just leaves cause he's tired and wants to go to sleep.

He gets suspended for 24 hours.

He rages and finally he's allowed to play a day after.

1) He's so pissed he'll not even play it again, its friggin stupid to him. Riot just lost a possible customer at the store

2) He plays, but he's so pissed off after what happened that he rage quits more often cause of the fact that he got banned after just a few days due to him having a life and feelings like every human has.

He gets banned again.

He rages on a different game. Get's banned there.

He rages at his parents, they ground him.

"Oh....well I dont really care anyway"

@Linux: So you're telling me Linux, that you've never been suspended before?

You've NOT left a game 3 times, EVER!? Like you have LESS than 2 leaves in TOTAL ever since you started playing?
    Last edited by Saph; 05-16-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    And therefor, its a crappy, flawed, pointless, inconsistent with reality, and downright rediculous system that there should be some law against.

It's like prison.

Throwing a thug in prison for attempting to rob someone for example.

He gets out of prison however long later.

He is in a gang now cause it is neccersary for prison survival.

He is harder now cause he had to stone over his heart or he'd get killed by his own.

He is pissed cause he feels he's an outcast to society, ergo, society rules dont apply to him.

He goes out and murders a family for their jewelry.

He goes to prison for life.

Escapes

Kills more people just for the fun of it.

A less brutal version is LoL:

A perfectly normal player gets tired and leaves, maybe 2 nights in a row cause he stays up too late and LoL is really not that important to him.

He doesnt rage quit etc. He just leaves cause he's tired and wants to go to sleep.

He gets suspended for 24 hours.

He rages and finally he's allowed to play a day after.

1) He's so pissed he'll not even play it again, its friggin stupid to him. Riot just lost a possible customer at the store

2) He plays, but he's so pissed off after what happened that he rage quits more often cause of the fact that he got banned after just a few days due to him having a life and feelings like every human has.

He gets banned again.

He rages on a different game. Get's banned there.

He rages at his parents, they ground him.

"Oh....well I dont really care anyway"

You've NOT left a game 3 times, EVER!? Like you have LESS than 2 leaves in TOTAL ever since you started playing?
    Its not a crappy system there is an issue with people leaving the game so they corrected it with the current system. Yes it might be crappy to you but it does try and help control the quitters. Yes real life is more important that will always be priority one and I respect that, but still people quitting is an issue, like Linux said have a system like L4D that would help the problem. However the problem with those who quit needs to be addressed and 24 hours is nothing really,you are one of those who got hit by it for doing your duties as a father and a husband, but it happens.

Your prison example really makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 05-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

You can't really implement the kind of system L4D2 has with this kind of game, because then no games would ever finish. That would be even more frustrating to me.

Also, holy crap calm down o_o

If you need to leave for some reason, first ask the team if they'd consider surrendering and state your reasons. If you're losing, then you have a good shot.

They punish leavers for very good reason. If you know you're going to have to do something (for instance it's late and you want to go to bed), then think before starting up a game. It's extremely irritating to be on a team and someone just quits. It's a team sport. It's not all about you. :|

I assume you got suspended because you're new and have left several kind of closely together, but I am not sure how their system works exactly.

It's not the best system, but I certainly can't think of another that would work as well. And honestly a 24 hour suspension is not that bad. Just think ahead before you play a match that you know will last about 45 minutes.

And your example about raging is just kind of ridiculous. If I got suspended for leaving, I wouldn't go raging about it everywhere and ragequit more and get banned o_o I'd be like, "Well, okay, I guess leaving games is bad and I shouldn't do that!"

And your prison example... just... what? It's not the same at all o___o

edit: and if someone left a game because he was tired and LoL wasn't that important to him, then why would he rage so hard about it...? all I have to say is that this game is about teamwork, and if one of your teammates suddenly leaves, you just got completely screwed over.
    Last edited by Muffincat; 05-16-2011 at 08:51 PM.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post

Never been suspended from this game or any other.

And I'm not saying that I've never left a game before it finished, that's why I said it's unfair for people actual life stuff. I even left a game in LoL because it was running on for almost an hour and a half and I was going to be late to class.

And I see where muffin is coming from that you can't really implement the whole replace players thing since there are so many more champs than there are characters in L4D2 and there, it usually doesn't matter what survivor you are, and as infected, you switch when you die anyway.

It may also be possible that your team just reported you for leaving several times. And I think they also look at how often you do it before hitting you with a suspension.

And agreeing with muffin again, 24 hours isn't that bad. It's not like they're banning you for a week and taking away all your unlocked champs.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

If they took away unlocked characters that would suck so bad. not that they could though cause people do pay for them at times.

I don think I have left more then 2 games, out of hundreds.

it starts showing them on your account if you do.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Please, please calm down. If this is "just a game" and "real life comes first", why are you this upset about it? I don't mean that in a sarcastic, mean way - you could feel a lot better for yourself with a good, deep breath.

I hate to have to disagree with you after such a heated rant, but the leaver penalty system exists in LoL for good reason - the nature of the game is such that if one person on the team leaves the game is inexplicably lost for that team (thereby ruining the game experience of 9 other players). If 1 in 10 players that sat down to play left their game, the game would be completely unplayable. A 24 hour suspension seems like more of a warning or notice that this is the nature of the game than a harsh punishment. A very mild suspension like that very well accompanies the variety of other warnings you receive in the Summoner's Code and in the dialog that appears whenever you attempt to quit in the middle of a game.

It's unfortunate that because of the competitive nature of this game and the team-orientated gameplay leaving cannot be allowed because it makes the game unplayable. You are right that real life will "happen" from time to time or your internet will fail, but even in light of that in the face of the ~600 matches and ~8 months I've played I've only accumulated 3 leaves.

You've just got to set time aside and plan ahead to be busy for an hour.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thread Information