Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fallout NV?

Hell yes, the fallout games are my favourite games of all time, and they are just amazing, great enviroment, great atmos, amzing gamesplay excellet story imersion is amazing lol need I go on play it now!

##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

heeey, I really love fallout <3 :P

If you liked any of the Elders Scrolls games (Notably Oblivion, hence it uses the same engine) you'll be sure to like this.

Fallout New Vegas follows the adventures of a Courier (Whom you control) who was to deliver a Platinum Poker Chip to New Vegas, the restored remains of Las Vegas. However, on the way there, he is ambushed and captured. Soon after, a man by the name of Benny shoots you and leaves you for dead. Normally, you think "GAME OVER", but then you'll think "What the hell?! The game didn't even start yet?!". Soon afterwards, a robot named Victor recovers you, unconscious from the gun wound, to a local town doctor in Goodsprings. After you recover and talk to the doctor there, you begin your epic adventure to save the Mojave Wasteland... or screw it over royally.

What New Vegas had over Fallout 3 are small, but notable changes.

-More weapons/ammuntion/gear - More ways to blow people away and make bad guys go boom.
    -More friendly user interfaces - Companions are less of a pain in the ass to heal up or make them your pack-rat.
    -Quests more circled around group members/factions - Besides that the three 3 factions, there are several smaller factions that can help you in your quest. Either it be them help you in the final battle or line your pockets in aluminum by, literally sometimes, destroying them. Also, each party member has a quest related to them, and each one has their own "ending".
    -Factions - Although I gave a quick introduction to them, they are a little more complex... The basics are, essentially, are they you help factions, they help you with ammunition or a place to sleep. Steal from them, kill or hurt people or just be a twat, they'll send mercenaries after you. Also, you need to side with one and ONLY one faction closers to endgame to finish the actual game.
    -DLC - Dead Money and Honest Hearts are already out, and there will be 2 or 3 more DLC's coming during 2011, each at $10. Each DLC adds new stories and quests, as well as increasing the max level cap and more perks to choose from.

This is a pretty brief summary, but I highly recommend Fallout New Vegas. However I will caution this. As with many of Bethesda's games, they may glitch up and cause your game to crash, or even lose save files. Try updating with the latest patches via XBL/PSN/ect. to keep nasty bugs away and keep you gaming on. If you got anymore questions, feel free to PM me.

BIGERU BANGERU

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I got it, so many add ons. But I think the addons where a little dissapointemnt.
    They were somewhat of a dissappointment, but i just bought the GOTY edition and getting 50 dollars worth of add-ons for 27 bucks plus the original game was to good of a deal to pass up

Quote Originally Posted by SiC TwiSteD View Post
    They were somewhat of a dissappointment, but i just bought the GOTY edition and getting 50 dollars worth of add-ons for 27 bucks plus the original game was to good of a deal to pass up
    You're referring to Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition, right?

The topic is about Fallout New Vegas, but anyhow, yeah. GOTY Edition is worth more than buying them all seperatley.

@ pacmaker - Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

Fallout 3's add-ons were amazing. New Vegas, however, are a bit disapointing, yes. Dead Money makes the game more Survival Horror (And more so w/ Hardcore mode on) and makes it tedious to play... However, Honest Hearts is more promising and entertaining.

As for me, I play RPGs mostly for the story, not for the Gameplay. (The game needs to be enjoyable in storyline AND playing the game as well, but story is more of my thing)

BIGERU BANGERU

Quote Originally Posted by R3d M4g3 View Post
    You're referring to Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition, right?

The topic is about Fallout New Vegas, but anyhow, yeah. GOTY Edition is worth more than buying them all seperatley.

@ pacmaker - Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

Fallout 3's add-ons were amazing. New Vegas, however, are a bit disapointing, yes. Dead Money makes the game more Survival Horror (And more so w/ Hardcore mode on) and makes it tedious to play... However, Honest Hearts is more promising and entertaining.

As for me, I play RPGs mostly for the story, not for the Gameplay. (The game needs to be enjoyable in storyline AND playing the game as well, but story is more of my thing)

I meant fallout 3.

I thought that some of them were to linear, the only real non linear was the one in the swamps and I thought that the hillbillys there was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I meant fallout 3.

I thought that some of them were to linear, the only real non linear was the one in the swamps and I thought that the hillbillys there was boring.
    Injecting DLC into a full fledged game such as Fallout is a bit hard to do...

For the most part, most DLC that Bethseda had made for Oblivion, Fallout, ect. have had them, for the most part, in a seperate area from the main game. However, I do agree they shouldn't be linear. Then again, getting Power Armor in the begining of the game is a big boost itself.

BIGERU BANGERU

If your still unsure about getting New Vegas, try reading my review.

BIGERU BANGERU

Thread Information