Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

GF is a forum especially for gamers, to discuss what gamers want, whenever the gamers want to - as long as it's ethical and the gamer is abiding by the rules.

I love Obama, and I think his heart is in the right place, and if people would stop getting in his way and let him be the president he tries to be, I think the actions that all the sceptics are *****ing about will be given promptly.

HOWEVER!

I both agree and disagree with pulling out of the middle east.

I agree cause: People are dieing, and we're not really getting anywhere, and what we do achieve, is not worth several young men and women getting maimed or killed.
    I also think we need to lay low for awhile after such a huge hit as Osama Bin Laden. After you score a goal you retreat for awhile, get your act together, and then try again when things look good. Right now you can't afford the 1 billion bucks to Egypt, and Obama can't afford the scrutiny if what is said above is true, and that people ARE actually shipping out in july and november.
    On the other hand, it could be that measures havn't been taken yet, guys. I don't see how a president can stand infront of the entire nation and lie, especially Obama, Obama has never lied, he just havn't had the resources to do what he promisses, because over half the nation defies him.
    So I believe that the people who ship out in july and november will probably be cancelled before they leave, I don't see any other alternative.

I disagree because: We risk giving them free roam of the place without the US, atleast quite abit since the US are not the only ones there, I dont think?
    That's really the only reason why I disagree. I still feel there're people there who needs to be kept under watch, and without the US there, it'll be that much more difficult to do so.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

We have no right to be there, we got the person weve been after for 10 years being in the middle east anymore is just showing those people we are trying to act all big and bad. Which isnt a good image to try and show off.
    We should pull out and if the time goes where they attack us again we will go back in and do what we have too.

I found it extremely funny Obama wants to secure peace between Israeli/Palestinian. Ya he is out of his mind theyve been at war for too long the likelyhood they would get along is the same as a snowball lasting in hell.

Yeah Israel and the muslim coutries around have been fighting since the state was born. They all want jerusalem so its very far from a solution. To even get close Israel need to stop building houses on palestinian soil and if not take away the wall, atleast do it easier for muslims to go though, today its like a ghetto.

Hamas need to stop the radicals from shooting rockets into israel and israel need to stop airstriking palestina. The best thing is if Israel could fund building up the industrial things in palestina again.

Hamas is the radicals firing rockets into israel. and they wont stop until either they get what they want.

Saph, I know you support Obama and say he cant do half of anything he says because the nation is preventing him. I wish I could help you see that isnt the case just because the American people dont like him does not make his job harder. He has had the power from the get go to pull out our troops never has.

Also After watching "Killing Bin Laden" Some experts say an attack is a logical course of thinking for the American people however the terrorist might not do such a thing because they do not know the type of intelligence that was gathered from all the harddrives that were at Bin ladens compound.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 05-20-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Panama City, Florida (soon to be Ft Benning, GA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    We have no right to be there, we got the person weve been after for 10 years being in the middle east anymore is just showing those people we are trying to act all big and bad..
    We're there to hunt down terrorists, not just the main guy. The reason they have leadership and a hierarchy is so they can continue without the #1 guy. Yeah we got bin Laden, cool. Time to get the others. IMO.

Why get the other terrorist organizations? They have not attacked us AQ is the biggest threat and if you go after other terrorist organizations that will open up a can of worms that we dont want open. Terrorist are bad and all but just because you take out a leader doesnt really prove anything because someone deadlier, crazier, and with more intent will take over.
    Its kinda why we arent all world police on everyone when hunting terrorist because the government understands we would be asking for alot of trouble.

It seemed quite possible that since being in the area for 10 years, other issues and problems could be discovered and acknowledged. Is it so unheard of to remain to address those problems?

However, I do agree that Obama needs to reiterate our goal of what the US is trying to accomplish over there. But, I believe he did so in this latest speech. I encourage you all to actually read or listen to what he actually said before bashing it.

Don't read me wrong, I'm not fully advocating Obama, but what I DO advocate is knowing what you're against before claiming to be against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter View Post
    Yeah we got bin Laden, cool.
    Or did we?

If there are unheard problems that affect the U.S. directly yes address but if not we have no reason to be there, Lmarc. Our goal was Bin Laden its the entire reason we went in there, than Saddam had to open his mouth and talk stupid and we got him too even though we couldnt find any evidence of WMDs we still knocked him down a peg or two. The time has come for the US to stop caring about everyone else and to fix everything within the US before we start holding everyone else's hand.

Thread Information