Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    We should pull out and if the time goes where they attack us again we will go back in and do what we have too.
    Tell that to the 100s, maybe even 1000s of families who had their loved one(s) blown to smitherines by the terrorist attack.

Another reason why I disagree with pulling out: If we pull out, they get the elbow room they need to make another attack, and if we go back in if they attack?...Well, It'd be too late for the possibly 1000s of casualties, and if as much as 1 person dies for it, thats a life wasted, even if we push back in, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    Or did we?
    From what I've seen, man, I think it's pretty universally agreed upon that Usama is in fact dead.
    Last edited by Saph; 05-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

So the families who have lost loved ones want the US army to stay in the middle east and keep fighting a war we can not win? The thing you have to understand is this. We killed OBL but that means alot to families but also means nothing because someone else will take over... It dont matter if we kill 100s of terrorist there will be 1000s to take their place. The best defense against terrorist attacks is intelligence and we have the CIA and other agencies doing intelligence gathering on terrorist. Our mission is completed no reason to allow more soliders to die.

They have the elbow room right now to plot terrorist attacks because how simple is it to put on a bomb vest walk into a store and go boom? doesnt take much plotting beyond just getting the vest to work properly. Like I said intelligence gathering is the best way to prevent that and just the amount of intelligence being gathered daily on terrorists alone I would say is miles long and we will never know about it. Also, in a post I made earlier the information gathered from OBL's compound had alot of great information, even information on attacks he was planning on the railroad system and experts believe they wont chance an attack because they dont know what information was recovered.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 05-21-2011 at 01:07 PM.

I say that the best thing to fight terrorism is education. Al caida uses poor people and lie to them, they belive their lies and think that they truly will come to heaven with 72 virgins if they bomb themselves. Its against Islam and most islams know it. If they could learn the TRUE way of islam(non violence and so on) it can maybe be calmer.

It is said that the pen is mightier than the sword, and in this case it is maybe partially true. We might not be able to take away the leaders but we can however take away their soldiers.

Paec they are extremist they believe there way of islam is the true way for all to follow. you cant take away their soldiers they have an unlimited supply of soldiers.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 05-21-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Its only the leaders that are the true extremists, the normal footsoldier is living in a lie. They have been mis guided by radicals. If we can prevent it from the beginning the amount of soldiers will be much less tahn unlimited.

I dont foresee that ever happening. Soldiers might be living in a lie but its a lie they are willing to give their lives for and that is a level of dedication that is impossible to break.

I think with the death of UBL we have gotten a small step toward that goal. He was a major player in Al qaida and the death of him was a morale lower. There are also many examples of kids that was going to be suicide bombers but in a way or another regretted their thing. One kid did it on his own and others got help but it can work.

It may take long time and be hard but its already begun with the starts of REAL schools in aghanistan.

The death of OBL didnt drop morale gave terrorist more of a reason to step up attacks against the US. His a Martyr now, everyone will commit attacks in his name. You talk about educating the kids educate them to do what? If you try to educate them about islam and you talk about it in a negative light that is punishable by death over there. You cant win that war dont care how you try the war against terrorist will be a never ending one. There is no correct answer on trying to fix or prevent people from joining. You can tell them your beliefs are wrong that is not islam, but people who do that wont ever be seen alive again.
    This is a way of life for people over there, not everyone, but people who are extremist will not be turned on their own people. Like i said they have a very very high dedication level over there, they are willing to die for their beliefs.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 05-21-2011 at 02:29 PM.

This is where I wave the flag declaring my ignorance on the issue, but aren't we doing things over there regarding the government also? Isn't there more we're focusing on than stopping terrorism? Sure that was a core, and perhaps even primary, value, but I was always under the impression that we were more than just anti-terrorist enforcers over there.

Yes, weve been trying to help them have a democratic system, however that isnt really sitting well, which is seen by all the terrorist attacks during the elections and what have you. This is what fueled terrorist even more because in their eyes we were forcing our way of life onto them which Bin Laden has peached for years would happen if they didnt take a stand against the US. For a while the primary focus was Anti terrorism enforcement and what have you, the democratic system took place a little while after. If Im not mistaken some of the government officials over there asked for our help to make it happen, might be wrong.

Thread Information