Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Looking for a PC RPG

Hey guys, I used to play WoW all the time, but I got tired of them screwing it up. So I am looking for a new/old RPG game for PC.

I'd prefer something that had an offline play, so I can play at work (single player) but online only is fine too cause I'd like something to do with other people. (So both online and offline play would be perfect)

I like playing Throne of Darkness, and Diablo II aside from WoW, so im looking for a game in that genre. I also dont really like running into walls all the time like I did in the first two games. So something with alot of land to roam around in would be nice.

I've been looking at Rift which looks similar to WoW and look fun, but does it have a single play offline mode?

Then I saw Fable III, but that doesnt look as fun.

Any suggestions?

Ridt is like wow so you have to be online.

Oblivion (only offline)
    Dragon age origins (very long offline game)
    Knights of the old republic,mass effect

lords of the ring online(only online)

Maybe you should wait for diablo 3?

Dragon Age: Origins, apparently! I've read a tonne of reviews, and there is hardly ever a bad word said about the game. I'm buying it as soon as I get paid

Thanks guys. Have not heard about some of those games. I will look into them, especially the Dragon game.

Eh Dragon Age in my opinion is not really a good RPG. For one it's not free roaming, and it's really poorly put together, but I guess most people don't mind that, I do though. I completed it with all of the DLC etc. cause I really liked it in the beginning, but the game gets boring really quickly, and its very repetitive and rarely does anything thrilling happen, it's just 1 dungeon run with your remote controlled team after another.

If you want a good RPG game, I would say you need to go for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. That is by far the best RPG for the past what 3 years or more? No RPG lover has not tried Oblivion, I can assure you.

If you want MMORPGs, try World of Warcraft, great online only game.

Fable is good too.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    If you want MMORPGs, try World of Warcraft, great online only game.
    If you paid attention to his post, then you will see that he has played a lot of World of Warcraft.

I dont pay too much attention to anything today, we're in the process of selling everything we own and I'm just trying to get some rest and relaxation after getting up at 5am this morning getting ready.

So give me a damned break.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Lol people are you all letting your personal feelings affect your professionalism here?

Anyway I have the perfect game that matches your description:

Fable 3

For PC. You can play it offline, almost all of it, and it has a Co-OP mode. Where you can play the whole game with a friend or a random person via matchmaking (GFWL, if this bothers you...) It's a relatively big game, good RPG, but kinda for twats as it's a game by Peter Monyleux xD

Still fun tho!

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

I dont wanna wait for Diablo III, looks like a long wait.

I really loved warcraft, im just tired of blizzard messing with it.

Elders Scroll and Rift look like games I would enjoy.

But then Fable III has offline and online. This will be a tough decision for me. Perhaps I can find some demos?

Thanks alot guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I dont pay too much attention to anything today, we're in the process of selling everything we own and I'm just trying to get some rest and relaxation after getting up at 5am this morning getting ready.

So give me a damned break.
    I don't understand why I have to give you a break? Sure, you're having a bad day, but I didn't cause it. I was just pointing out that he had already played World of Warcraft a lot, seeing as the reason why he posted this thread is because he is sick of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Lol people are you all letting your personal feelings affect your professionalism here?
    Wasn't me! I was just sayin'

Thread Information