Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default L.A. Noire - First Impressions?

I've only played disc 1 of L.A. Noire, so far. Reason being, is that my brother bought it, so I didn't have to; I just wait until he is done with a disc, and then play the one he has completed

DISC 1: So, as I said, I have only played disc 1 of 3; completed it today. I am very impressed at how very well executed this idea is, it's so fun to play and it's yet another breath of fresh air from Rockstar, following on from Red Dead Redemption. The storyline so far is fantastic and convincing, the graphics are brilliant for a sandbox game, the attention to detail on everything such as the characters is excellent (using real actors as the player models, as well as their voices. Also made to look realistic because of the new facial expression technology used). Because of the attention to detail, to pretty much everything, it makes the game seem like a real world, and it really comes alive when you play through it.

The cases are solid, and varied. However, even though the cases are varied, the methods and routines can get a little repetitive, but I guess these are the methods and routines you must go through to solve crimes, eh?

Another negative is the fact that disc 1, where you start as a traffic cop and eventually get promoted to the homicide desk, is quite short. I was disappointed in how quickly it went by, even though it did take a decent amount of hours to complete (time flies when having fun), but I think that Rockstar avoided making Homicide cases extensively long to avoid players getting sick of using the same methods over and over. As well as the main cases, you can explore L.A and discover landmarks and vehicles for xp, as well as answering radio calls to resolve a crime in another place, such as a shoot-out or tracking down a robber.

DISC 2: Just a quick update for you all on disc 2 of L.A. Noire! I'm almost at the end of it now (almost ready to move on to disc 3), and I can safely say that it's longer than disc 1, and it's a bloody good disc!! All I will say is that the game starts to get really ****ing good, and you just fall into the story even more. The cases are still solid and consistently good, which is brilliant, and every single person you meet along the way is just as convincing as the other, it's epic entertainment. The parter that you're with for the most part of disc 2, Rusty, is an awesome guy and you will find yourself chuckling at things that he says; he is a typical hard-assed cop. As I said though, the story starts getting even better and twisted, and the methods for solving the cases become even more interesting and they require a lot more brain work, which is good as it keeps you on your toes and makes you feel awesome when you crack the cases.

There's nothing much more to note to be honest (without giving anything away), because as aforementioned, it's just consistently epic throughout, so far, so I have no negatives to give you. Along with the main cases, you will still be called through the radio to accept or reject distress calls like in disc 1, and this will be apparent all the way through to disc 3. But, apart from that... EPIC WINNING.

DISC 3: I am speechless. What an amazing story, full of fantastic characters and amazing cases. I cannot say anything more... It's hard to sum up this game in one little paragraph, so expect a review soon.

L.A. Noire is a must buy for everyone.
    Last edited by Jayhmmz; 05-27-2011 at 01:44 PM.

hly sht is it 3 discs, how large is the game?

And I thought taht 2 discs in ME2 was much.

I'm sure it's only 1 disc on the PS3

anyways, this looks really good, probably gonna wait til the price lowers a smidge to get it though

I think the game's amazing, I've only missed a couple of cases (my friend rented it) and we're at the last Vice (third desk) mission. There's only 3 of those cases, but they're pretty long and difficult. Everything's just extremely well implemented (except for the retarded AI for the pedestrian cars. I've destroyed a car/lost a perp/etc because they would try to get out of the way and veer right into me or not move at all.)
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post

anyways, this looks really good, probably gonna wait til the price lowers a smidge to get it though
    Kind of moot. I've heard switching discs really is actually pretty seamless when you do have to.

Besides, there's the whole... PSN still not being completely up.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Want. So. bad.

If I wasnt so poor right now... I will probably have this game tomorrow so its all good.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I'm def. getting this game just waiting for some money to randomly fall from the sky
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

Disc 2 update is up amongst the OP
    Have a read!

I've just thought... wouldn't this thread be better off in the reviews section? I'm pretty much going to evolve the OP into a review anyway, as it's already on it's way to being one.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post

bluray ftw xD.....if its any good jay let me know i was thinking of getting it

Quote Originally Posted by snake_eyes_555 View Post
    bluray ftw xD.....if its any good jay let me know i was thinking of getting it
    I'm very close to completing it I think... I'm on disc 3 at the moment, and disc 3 is by far the longest part of the game... and it is epic! Nothing worth noting has disappointed me in the game so far

Even though I haven't completed the game yet, I would say that any one interested in the game should at least rent it to try it out... but I would actually say that you should go the whole 9 yards and buy it; you won't be disappointed.

There is an Xbox Live Marketplace option on the main menu, with reference to DLC, so this game will most likely be like Red Dead Redemption in the respect that there will be more cases added, for players to solve

My Disc 3 update is at the foot of the OP. I am truly near-speechless now that I have completed this game; EPIC game is EPIC.

Thread Information