Default Bomberman Live - Battlefest

Bomberman Battlefest
    Xbox 360 Arcade
    800 ($10)
    1-4 Player (Local)
    2-8 Player (Xbox Live)
    Leaderboards
    Achivements

I’m sure some of us older gamers (or children of older gamers) know what Bomberman is. You blow up obstacles in your path, collect powerups or different bombs and blow away your friends. The formula has not changed much since his first appearance over 20 years ago, but people still play Bomberman. “Why?” you may ask. The answer is simple : The game is chaotic and fast paced.

He's here to kick bombs and break bricks... and he's outta bricks.

The matches go by fast, winners come and losers go, and people cry. But is that not the joy of playing any competitive game? Infact, that is where this game shines. Not only can you play with 4 friends on a couch (And 4 CPUS), even people without an Xbox Live membership can enjoy it. Online, however, is where it shines. The matchmaking service finds you any match to join, or you can customize your search and view all open lobbies. As with any Xbox Live game, make sure to keep your cursing to a minimum, even if that kid kicked back your Power Bomb.

Does this look familar to you?

Each player can customize his/her little Bomberman with things such as Hats, Makeup and General Clothing. You start of with a small amount of customization, but you can earn more costumes playing Local offline games, even with other friends playing. However, if you don’t feel like earning these costumes, you can also substitute your Bomberman with your avatar.

As good as this game can be, I have a few bones to pick with the little White Bomber. Besides my personal rants with losing (a lot, sadly) the game has stayed true to the original Bomberman games, as most sequels have. This causes a dated feel that may turn some people away from this game, regardless if it is pixilated,

Another issue I have with this game is this – NO ONE IS ON!! I sat in a lobby, waiting for even 1 person to join, and nothing. However, this usually occurs during the daytime (Not just School days, mind you) so playing this game at night or w/ friends during the day can remedy the problem. Also, if you used to (or currently) own Bomberman Live, there isn’t much change from the previous game, just more Live friendly and cosmetic touches.

A screenshot of Bankroll, one of the new gamemodes. Needs more explosions.

All and all, this is a great Arcade game. If you can play 800 points, it’s 800 well invested. Also, if you really want to try before you buy, you can download the trial version and play 3 16 minute sessions, either online of offline. You may not unlock achievements, costumes or use some extra features but offers a lot just for a small trial.

If you are a fan of Bomberman, this game is a must buy.
    If you are anyone else, try this game first. Don’t forget this game offers a decent online trial. Afterwards, if you enjoyed it, feel free to buy it.

BIGERU BANGERU

Welcome to the sacred circle of reviewers Red.
    Nice, brief review of a nice ol'school classic remake.

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Thanks, and the "circle" seems cool. Do you guys have ponies in "the circle"?

BIGERU BANGERU

No but we compare dick sizes....

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

O_O rly?
    AWESUM!!!

On-Topic - If anyone else wants to critique my review, feel free to.

BIGERU BANGERU

Thread Information