Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think mmorpg's are actually pretty good. I've played a few like wow, everquest and eve, and yet something came to me in a ray of light as I was browsing amazon a few years back. LOTRO - lord of the rings online. As soon as I played this, I thought omg, it has an epic huge storyline to play through along with side quests, amazing cutscenes, graphics are of a good quality and updates come frequently with new content. It plays through currently from all areas in eriador, through the mines of moria out into mikwood where you join an assault on Dol Goldur which houses some fearsome looking enemies. There's also a new update coming soon On the road to isenguard. On top of that, it's subscriptions aren't limited to pay monthly as they do a lifetime fee which I believe is currently only £70 or something for a limited time. I am addicted to it I have to admit. And being it has moved to free to play (with limited content as opposed to paying) you should at least read up and try it to see for yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by NathanielxWv4 View Post
    Ok kinda gay topic i know but I DO!!!

He said it first!

I mean if you spend all day/week/month/year/life grinding a game instead of getting laid every day, that's pretty gay dude.
    (Unless you're a homosexual and you're trying to get laid with other dudes, then that is technically gay, in the right way.)

And depending on whether you consider MMORPGs male or female, loving them can be just plain gay. Nothing wrong about that?

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    (Please stop using the word "gay" as reffering to things you dislike, please, it's kind of offensive to select individuals.)
    This thread topic is very homosexual... very homosexual indeed.

Check out my Let's Play videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Captivat...a?feature=mhee remember to like, comment, and subscribe!

very straight very straight indeed.

offtopic, why are people keep saying gay about something negative, its just wrong, people can be offended and it doesnt make any sense saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    A gay topic indeed...

I've played several MMOs over the course of a couple of years, and I'm really glad I don't anymore. I've never played boring mainstream bullsh*t like WoW or EVE or Runescape, because they are honestly all replaceable palette swaps with zero new ideas and no creativity or base IQ requirement. Seen one seen all kind of thing. The first MMO I've played (and the first one to make a name for the genre) was Ultima Online.

I played it for quite some time because unlike WoW(and any other basic MMO) it had a great essence, it based on a long series of games, it had the best gameplay system to date and it was just huge.
    Skills weren't the boring generic "buy skill book spend skill points" kind of thing, instead you could gain skill points by executing a specific skill like chopping wood, fighting, forging, stealing or even begging.
    It was complex enough to keep anyone too young or too stupid away from the game.

Unlike any to-date MMO.
    It's usually the community that ruins a good MMO, be it WoW with super no-life farmers, raging and flaming 15-year olds or others, or any F2P MMO like take LoL with idiots who can't grasp the concept of teamwork or any generic brand of "however you can screw up a game".

All MMOs, no matter if they are subscription based or Free, they are all built around the one single concept of getting players addicted fast and then keeping him at it to earn more and more money. It's a skinner box, really, nothing more.

There was even a paper published by some geek over at Microsoft, which explained in detail what MMOs do and to which end. But I can't find it right now.

So by now I put playing MMOs on the same shelf as consuming heroine or cocaine. There are simply no exceptions.(well there is guild wars... that's more like mary jane)

But I've mainly quit playing MMOs because they are all equally BORING.
    I don't know, it may be fun for kids to have to do some daily chores and be rewarded with a flashy lvl up, but as an adult I don't see much appeal in working a second job for which I have to pay. If you're strong in mind you can get all enjoyment out of any MMO during the free trial, then just make sure you don't get hooked and get away with the free drug sample your hustler tossed you.

Sure there are exceptions like Guild Wars where you can run on a free IV after paying once, and there are games detached from the classic MMO style like League of Legends... which is more of a tactical/strategical "MMO". But it isn't really an MMO because there are never more than a handful of people playing one instance. It's more of a game with a massive lobby.

I've played Mabinogi NA and EU for a very long time and just because of it's cute Anime-style visuals and the non-standard combat system. It also had a nice story once and all chicks have huge boobs there.
    Eventually I OD'ed on that... woke up in a hospital, went into rehab and never played it again.

And while I look back at the past with a deep disgust, I'm happy that I've been clean for quite some time now. I don't mind if people play MMOs, quite the opposite, I'm happy if they can enjoy it where I, cannot.
    And me being a misanthropic person, I'm also quite happy if those things ruin their lives. xD

So yea, if you really, really LOVE MMORPGs, then you don't play them.
    You marvel at them from afar, like at a beautiful girl out of your reach, and you witness how they draw thousands of poor, helpless souls into their endless cycle of intoxicating lvl-ups. Then you reflect upon your life, smile, give her another look and wander off into the sunset.

Or you know, something among those lines.

Almost but not quite; I feel it's just a waste of time because you could be outside trying to have sex with girls.
    To cap this off, i live with my Girlfriend of 3 years, not addicted to games in the slightest, just like the euphoria of it, Oh and BTW i dont have to go out to get sex so looks like i got the perfect set up.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    very straight very straight indeed.

offtopic, why are people keep saying gay about something negative, its just wrong, people can be offended and it doesnt make any sense saying that.

And how is this topic negative? This is all about LOVE for MMOs...
    Since when is LOVE negative? This topic is gay, about love and happiness.
    U have a very depressing attitude ma friend >.<

@Nathan
    Good for you But I'm not buying your not-addicted thing. Technically that is.

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Wow, such riveting convos going on

@Nathan
    yup, I am a very depressed soul.

@Nathan
    I work 9-5 5 days aweek, i play on the weekends, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    yup, I am a very depressed soul.

Want a hug? ^_^

Thread Information