Thread: Ultima Online

Default Ultima Online

Well this is my first review, and its just Part 1 of a 4 part review, going to leave you with this till i get back from my vacation!! Well enjoy !!

Ultima Online Review
    My Review is based on the shard I Play. Free shards are not illegal as it is a free client download, when you pay for the Official Ultima online you are paying for EA content and that is it.

So for my first review I would like to post my UO review, better known as Ultima Online. For my personal opinion it is the Best MMORPG ever created and I have been playing since 1997 and I am still hooked today, as it is ever expanding and you will never get to the stage where you have done EVERYTHING. The official website is Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online | Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

Ultima online is a 3rd person 2d MMORPG (It can be played in 3D Also), it originally consisted of 2 facets Trammel and Felucca, But after years of development and constant updates it now has 6 facets. They are:
    • Trammel
    • Felucca
    • Ilshenar
    • Malas
    • The Tokuno Island
    • Ter Mur

Each facet has its own perks and cons. In trammel you are safe, you can call for the guards if you are under attack and they will 1 hit kill the attacker (only if you are in a town ) and you can go hunting in the forests of this world as well as gather resources. Felucca is an opposite of Trammel when you are free to get player killed by anyone anywhere. The advantage of Felucca is that you gain double the resources and can find special types of mobs and special items, it’s a risk that you have to choose is it worth taking?? Ilshenar is a swamp land, which can be reached through the Brit sewers ( as well as moon gates ). You can hunt here for special creatures as well as tame swamp dragons and all sorts. Malas as two sections to it. Luna and Umbra. Luna is where you are safe, and find the noblest of players, paladins and mages and such. A little town with a Vast out world where you can build a house and just be safe. Malas on the other hand is the exact opposite of Luna and is dark and scary. Full of necromancers and evil forest’s with trees that are alive and nightmare steeds lurk. It is also home to the dungeon doom. The Tokuno Island was the next release and is made up of 3 island. It is where you can learn to be a ninja of the arts or a solo samurai. It was the expantion to bring Asia into the game. I cannot comment on Ter Mur as I have never seen this yet but I know it is there.

I guess the next thing I should WOW you with if you’re not already WOW’d enough is the Character customization. Now in most MMORPG’s its more so customizing the look rather than what your character can do, but not with UO oh no, When you first start a character or Toon as I like to refer to them you do get I think 7 custom classes i.e mage, paladin, necro, warrior, BUT there is a class called Advanced!!!! **Sounds of people gasping**
    Inside this tab of Advanced there is a lot of options. In here you can choose between 3 skills and spread out a total of 100 skill points between them, you can also decide what points to put In your 3 stats. Strength dexterity and Intelligence.

Following on from that I should explain the skills. The way you play totally depends on the skills you choose to raise. On some shards you have a skill cap of 1000 which means you cant earn more than a 1000 skill points over all, and each skill has a 100 cap so you get to pick 10. Also the skills you choose to raise, will raise your Stats. SOOO if you choose lumberjacking ( yes you can cut tree’s down ^^ ) you will raise Strength, get it? There are so many skills I couldn’t possible list them all but a few examples are:
    • Swordsmanship
    • Fencing
    • Musicianship
    • Peachmaking
    • Poising
    • Archery
    • Mace fighting
    • Wrestling
    • Lumberjacking
    • Mining
    • Blacksmithy
    • Tailoring
    • Anima taming
    • Bow craft

I think you get the point. The armour you want to have is totally customizable as you can make it yourself with different types of ore that you mine and each ore has different attributes to add to what you make. The ore you use will be the colour of your armour, but you can also dye your armour whatever colour you want. You can also make weapons and armour and it all applies to them aswell, apart from the fact once you have made your weapon you can get a deed to give it levels, and when levelling you get points to distribute on different abilities total up to you. Enough about this BLURRR lets get to the MONSTERS!!!!

The UO world is heaving with monsters ready and willing to take you and your pets down, so you need to be prepared. Monsters go from Giant rats in sewers to Dragons in dungeons and Deamons in temples, there is a vast amount so you will always have something to kill. You can hunt in partys for MOBS that are too hard to solo and the combat in this game is second to none. Totally your choice how you kill things.

This game has so much that I couldn’t possible tell it all in 1 review, I just wanted to give you guys the basics and hopefully make you want to check it out. Believe me its worth it and its free!

Uo Excelsior Shard ( this is where I play, if you get it PM RedMiST in game ( That’s Me ) lol )
    Official Site: Main Page - UOEx Wiki

Look out for the next part !!!!

Part 1-4

only problem is that UO killed their own servers =[

god UO was at one time the best game ever created... Still could be, had they created a lone server to mirror their old times and upkept it...

graffix look so cool on that game thats for real

Thread Information