• Company of heroes

4 22.22%
  • Command & Conquer

6 33.33%
  • Other

8 44.44%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Company of Heroes is the best RTS ever.
    Unlike C&C games, it doesn't focus on building a huge army and destroying your enemy in a few clicks. COH requires strategy and battle tactics. That's why it is the best, most realistic RTS ever.
    As for C&C games, they're fun to play (especially RA and Generals), but all you have to learn is how to build up a huge force faster than the other guy. The factions aren't balanced and they tend to get boring after a month of playing.
    Warcraft was an interesting game, but its basic story and concept was a 'Lord of the Rings' rip off. And the guys who made it obviously weren't humans themselves, since they made the human race the weakest one in the game.
    Total War games have a great singleplayer, but a very bad multiplayer.
    There are a lot of great RTS games out there, but Company of Heroes has a unique gameplay and it takes a lot more than a big army in order to win. It is the 'ultimate' RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter99 View Post
    Company of Heroes is the best RTS ever.
    Unlike C&C games, it doesn't focus on building a huge army and destroying your enemy in a few clicks. COH requires strategy and battle tactics. That's why it is the best, most realistic RTS ever.
    As for C&C games, they're fun to play (especially RA and Generals), but all you have to learn is how to build up a huge force faster than the other guy. The factions aren't balanced and they tend to get boring after a month of playing.
    Warcraft was an interesting game, but its basic story and concept was a 'Lord of the Rings' rip off. And the guys who made it obviously weren't humans themselves, since they made the human race the weakest one in the game.
    Total War games have a great singleplayer, but a very bad multiplayer.
    There are a lot of great RTS games out there, but Company of Heroes has a unique gameplay and it takes a lot more than a big army in order to win. It is the 'ultimate' RTS.

I wouldnt say its the most realistic RTS but the best I can agree on.

The one I mean is more realistic and still is very fun to play is codename panzers.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    I wouldnt say its the most realistic RTS but the best I can agree on.

The one I mean is more realistic and still is very fun to play is codename panzers.
    What makes Codename: Panzers so realistic?

What makes Codename: Panzers so realistic?
    You cant build anything so you are only in control of the things you have in the beginning of the mission.

The tanks have limited ammo (maybe fuel too I dont really remember) and to be able to fill it you have to either have "support vehicles" or have captured a support base.

Everything on the map can be used if you can capture it. Flaming tanks makes the temperature go up in the tank until the crew have to abandon it.

The battles are very tactical with the tanks have stronger or weaker places, and the armor plating is weakend by enemy fire so it cant withstand as much.

The graphics in CoH are however better and more detailed so destruction and physics are better in CoH(even if explosions look really nice here to)

BTW Im talking about codename panzers phase 1/2.
    Last edited by paecmaker; 08-01-2011 at 12:54 PM.

You cant build anything so you are only in control of the things you have in the beginning of the mission.

The tanks have limited ammo (maybe fuel too I dont really remember) and to be able to fill it you have to either have "support vehicles" or have captured a support base.

Everything on the map can be used if you can capture it. Flaming tanks makes the temperature go up in the tank until the crew have to abandon it.

The battles are very tactical with the tanks have stronger or weaker places, and the armor plating is weakend by enemy fire so it cant withstand as much.

The graphics in CoH are however better and more detailed so destruction and physics are better in CoH(even if explosions look really nice here to)

BTW Im talking about codename panzers phase 1/2.
    Fuel and Ammo - yes, that sounds very realistic. But not being able to build in an RTS is not fun at all. Games like CoH require much more strategy, because you have to think about your structures and base defences. Company of Heroes combines battle tactics, base defences and careful use of resources. That’s why I think of it as the best, most realistic RTS released so far.

In codename panzers I feel that the lack of base building is helping the gameplay. If you loose one tank in CoH its a big loss but mostly you can rebuild it, even if its expensive and take long time. If you loose a tank in codename panzers you haveto change your tactics considering what forces you have left and you are very carefull about your vehicles and try to recon every step before you roll in with the heavy tanks.

For example in a mission I was to careless with one of the heavier tanks and got stuck in the middle of a mine field, its tracks was blown to bits and the repair vehicle couldnt move over there. I didnt have time to look for the mines so I had to make the crew abandon the tank and reunite with the main force.

I haven't played many, but Halo Wars has so far been my favourite. Hopefully I will play some others some day.

In codename panzers I feel that the lack of base building is helping the gameplay. If you loose one tank in CoH its a big loss but mostly you can rebuild it, even if its expensive and take long time. If you loose a tank in codename panzers you haveto change your tactics considering what forces you have left and you are very carefull about your vehicles and try to recon every step before you roll in with the heavy tanks.

For example in a mission I was to careless with one of the heavier tanks and got stuck in the middle of a mine field, its tracks was blown to bits and the repair vehicle couldnt move over there. I didnt have time to look for the mines so I had to make the crew abandon the tank and reunite with the main force.
    That might make battles more intense and I know that it feels more realistic, but you don't have to care about resources and building - and that makes the game much easier.
    In CoH, you have to capture points (and decide whether to build observation posts, or just keep moving); in the same time, you have to build and upgrade your buildings; build up an army; and when the battle starts, use tactics and strategy in order to win. There is also the struggle to get tanks earlier than your opponent.
    It takes much more skill to play Company of Heroes. The way it combines the battle tactics and the building is simply amazing. That's what makes it so great.

That might make battles more intense and I know that it feels more realistic, but you don't have to care about resources and building - and that makes the game much easier.
    In CoH, you have to capture points (and decide whether to build observation posts, or just keep moving); in the same time, you have to build and upgrade your buildings; build up an army; and when the battle starts, use tactics and strategy in order to win. There is also the struggle to get tanks earlier than your opponent.
    It takes much more skill to play Company of Heroes. The way it combines the battle tactics and the building is simply amazing. That's what makes it so great.
    I agree, CoH is great in how they handling base building and stuff but I wouldnt agree that a lack of basebuilding does it easier, you cant replace your losses if you loose your troops, I have been in the moment several times that my tanks just was utterly destroyed in an ambush and another time when all my support vehicles was destroyed.

But both games own in their own way.

I agree, CoH is great in how they handling base building and stuff but I wouldnt agree that a lack of basebuilding does it easier, you cant replace your losses if you loose your troops, I have been in the moment several times that my tanks just was utterly destroyed in an ambush and another time when all my support vehicles was destroyed.

But both games own in their own way.
    I don't like games that lack base-building, and that's why I wouldn't like Codename Panzers: Phase II. I've also heard that it's historically inaccurate and gets boring really fast. Either way, I haven't played it so I can't tell much about it. I'm pretty sure that it's tactical, but it just doesn't sound like a good game to me.
    Company of Heroes has it all. It's unique, fun and realistic.

Thread Information