Default Tenchu 2(Xbox 360)

Hello fellow gamers and wonderful review readers!

Today I’d like to present to you a ninja game that I’ve held very dear for a few years now. It is alittle lacking in clear storyline, but the missions are fantastic!

So come out from the shadows, and silently eliminate

Gameplay
    [IMG]http://www.msxbox-world.com/assets/article-images/tenchu2.jpg[IMG]
    Tenchu 2 is a game where you take on the role of whatever Ninja you decide to make, it can be a male or female, and their ethnicities changed in the character creation screen.

The game consists of a range of missions that you have to complete with as much stealth and silence as possible, but at the same time eliminate your enemies swiftly. A good game will commonly take a while, as patience is rewarded in Tenchu 2, as the game tip says “Speed breeds only failure, be patient”. A good game will also consist of you not sounding an alarm even once, while at the same time killing scores of enemies, and their bodies are never found.

The missions are straight forward and fairly simple. Find the target, and kill him. Find the package, and retrieve it. Meet your contact. Cross the bridge. Avoid detection from A - B etc. But the missions, simple as they sound, can be incredibly challenging.

Graphics
    The Graphics are decent but not something to jump into a fit of hysteria about, positive or negative. The graphics are classic asian style, with lots of spewing blood, and enemies kneeling on their knees when they’re killed swiftly. The graphics could also be alittle edgy, with very unrealistic light and unrealistic movements and textures of characters and clothing. This game it not exactly for the people who want a ‘realistic’ ninja game.

Ninja level?
    There’re 5 ninja levels in the game, and they’re nothing but a sign of how well you did during a mission. Ninja 1 is the worst, and Ninja 5 is the best. Your ninja level can be benefited or penalized by:
    -How many kills you have
    -How said kills were executed
    -Times spotted
    -Alarm timer(the more time spent hiding from guards searching for you after being spotted, the lower ninja level)
    -Number of innocents killed

Ninja’level!?”?
    No, there arent a generic LEVEL system in Tenchu 2, however, depending on how well you do, and also just standard missions completed, new equipment and clothing will become unlocked, from shurikens, to smoke bombs, to health potions, to wash water. And clothing, from ki’s, to kimonos, to ringmail armor. Various accessories like additional weapons, ration pouches, and even a Kunai in your mouth(A Japanese throwing knife)Can be unlocked as well.

Scores:
    Gameplay: 7/10. Definitely a decent ninja game, but not a ‘memorable’ ninja game. A few things such as the lack of ‘interesting storylines’ makes this game’s appeal to most thrill seeking ninja gamers out there slightly lacking, and makes it sit on the shelf as a keepsake, rather than a game worth mentioning in a debate.

Graphics: 6/10. The graphics are alittle corny, and kind of cliché for the asian gaming industry. It has the same look to it as Devil May Cry, which we all know was horribly Asiafied. The cheesy graphics also makes the game alittle tame, which is the last thing you want in a kickass hand and slash ninja game(Not really hack and slash par say, as stealth is a must to get any decent scores).

Storyline: 8/10. The storyline is a bigger strongpoint than the rest. Although it can be slightly confusing, if you know alittle bit of Chinese history you’ll know whats going on. Each missions has probably a few months between them, and it is your job to eliminate any threat posing to the dynasty you work for. Tenchu 2 is directly connected to the original Tenchu, and your ‘boss’ is the character which you had the option of playing in Tenchu.

Total score: 6.5/10

The game has its flaws, and as interesting as the game is, it for example holds no achievements to gain on Xbox 360, and once you complete it once, it’s really not that fun anymore, as you know every single mission by heart. I played it 2 years ago, then moved away, came back, and played it again, and it was great fun, BUT, who exactly doesn’t play something for 2 years and then tries again? Yeah, awesome game, but there’re better ones out there.
    Last edited by Saph; 07-08-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Good review mate, I enjoyed Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven, so I dont doubt that this one will be even better

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

I feel its alittle lacking and kinda short, but there really isn't that much to say about it It's just a straight forward, fun as **** Ninja game, but its a 1 time wonder sadly. Atleast I didn't have too much interest in it after first playthrough, but it's always nice to play it when you feel like playing a ninja game Simple to play and great fun. So yeah I'd deffinately give it a try nice moves in it too

Yeah, I'll rent it out this week

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Thread Information