Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minecraft

15 83.33%
  • Terraria

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation MInecraft or Terraria

What's with this new game Terraria it's a complete copy of minecraft is sucks minecraft is way better. What's your thoughts on Terraria because i hate it

Sig by Psychotray

Terraria is just a 2d side scoller of Minecraft it looks awesome but something i wont try unless im given for free

I haven't played Terraria but I'm about to (just got it last night). From what I've heard, the major differences between the two is that Minecraft is more crafting/building focused and Terraria has a much more interesting/deeper combat system. Minecraft has better replay value, Terraria has a more strongly defined (though not definite) "end". Minecraft has a lot more crafting options.

As Joker mentioned - Terraria is 2D and Minecraft is 3D. Terraria has much more of a cute 8-bit/retro feel, Minecraft has indie lo-fi textures and is built completely of cubes and has more of a fantasy/adventure feel.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

lol dun hate on terraria. minecraft and terraria are two totally different games with different playing styles. true, terraria might have some aspects of minecraft, but we dun hate combat arms, tf2, counter strike for copying Wolfeinstein 3D (first fps). have you even tried terraria? its pretty good...
    http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=2360454

Credits to Psychotray for sig
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Minecraft has indie lo-fi textures and is built completely of cubes and has more of a fantasy/adventure feel.
    I'm going to have to disagree on that, Minecraft is certainly not an adventure game. Terraria makes me think about Zelda and Metroid, about adventure.

Terraria has over 50 monsters, Minecraft has like 10
    Terraria has sprawling dungeons complete with monsters and giant bosses, Minecraft has dungeons with a few chests and mobs you can find on the surface.
    Terraria has npcs which provide services and let you shop, Minecraft doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, Minecraft is a great game I'm sure and I'm pretty sure if I spent the 20 dollars on it over the 10 I did on Terraria I would be defending it instead. It's just that Minecraft is not a adventure game, is not Terraria and vice versa.

Minecraft is a sandbox where monsters come out and try to ruin your artwork.
    Terraria is Legend of Zelda where you can build.

I will admit that Minecraft does allow more options for building however.
    Last edited by Akatosh; 07-16-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBearPig View Post
    lol dun hate on terraria.
    I wasn't/didn't, it's a fine game

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree on that, Minecraft is certainly not an adventure game.
    Notch's aim is to make it so - he's admitted that it is incredibly lackluckster in it's adventure components and he's working on patching in a lot more content into the game to make it less sucky on that front. That's why it's still "beta", after all.

Right now, Terraria has a much deeper/more developed adventure and combat components than minecraft. It will be interesting to see how that changes as Mojang continues minecraft.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    I wasn't/didn't, it's a fine game
    I think he was taking to the OP (who said it sucks and such) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree on that, Minecraft is certainly not an adventure game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    Notch's aim is to make it so - he's admitted that it is incredibly lackluckster in it's adventure components and he's working on patching in a lot more content into the game to make it less sucky on that front. That's why it's still "beta", after all.

Right now, Terraria has a much deeper/more developed adventure and combat components than minecraft. It will be interesting to see how that changes as Mojang continues minecraft.
    Yeah, and really, minecraft can be whatever you want it to be. That's one of the beauties of the game. Watch the Yogscast, not only their main storyline but some of the custom maps they play and you'll see just how adventure-y this game can be.
    Last edited by Synge; 07-16-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

Minecraft for sure, its just pure creativity, And I enjoy playing it most of the time

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

My friend bought me Terraria, and I've been playing it, and it's not a bad game. Calling it a "clone" and saying it isn't doing anything is really blind to what it does do - and Notch himself played Terraria a bunch when it came out and said it was a lot of fun.

Have you played it? Because it's definitely not a complete copy. :P

I prefer Minecraft personally, but I can see why some people would feel differently, because Terraria is fun in many different ways.

Also, to Akatosh saying that Minecraft isn't an adventure game - you're overlooking the point, I think. Just because something has more monsters and stuff doesn't mean it's necessarily more "adventurey" than the other. Minecraft is also, as dili mentioned, still in beta and going to be adding more features (the "adventure update" coming soon). Both games could be classified as adventure games, though I can see why you're saying that Terraria is more so. [Though, honestly, Minecraft has a greater potential, given the amount of mods and the support that the development team gives to people who want to mod their game. You can make Minecraft whatever you want. There are tons of mods where people have added a LOT of things, including many different monsters/mobs]

Minecraft changes depending on who you are and how you play it. Some people play it as more of an adventure game (though it does depend on how you define "adventure"), and I think you are over simplifying it by saying it's "a sandbox where monsters come out and try to ruin your artwork." Minecraft is more difficult to define than Terraria is because Minecraft is more open ended. Terraria has clearer objectives and is more of a "game" in the sense of the kinds of games we typically expect to see... but the beauty of Minecraft is that there is a lot more to do, even if it seems simpler.

For me, at least, Terraria is a game that I am going to be playing and enjoying for a while, but will probably get burnt out on and not return to, whereas I find that Minecraft has more playability.
    Last edited by Muffincat; 07-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    My friend bought me Terraria, and I've been playing it, and it's not a bad game. Calling it a "clone" and saying it isn't doing anything is really blind to what it does do - and Notch himself played Terraria a bunch when it came out and said it was a lot of fun.

Have you played it? Because it's definitely not a complete copy. :P

I prefer Minecraft personally, but I can see why some people would feel differently, because Terraria is fun in many different ways.

Also, to Akatosh saying that Minecraft isn't an adventure game - you're overlooking the point, I think. Just because something has more monsters and stuff doesn't mean it's necessarily more "adventurey" than the other. Minecraft is also, as dili mentioned, still in beta and going to be adding more features (the "adventure update" coming soon). Both games could be classified as adventure games, though I can see why you're saying that Terraria is more so. [Though, honestly, Minecraft has a greater potential, given the amount of mods and the support that the development team gives to people who want to mod their game. You can make Minecraft whatever you want. There are tons of mods where people have added a LOT of things, including many different monsters/mobs]

Minecraft changes depending on who you are and how you play it. Some people play it as more of an adventure game (though it does depend on how you define "adventure"), and I think you are over simplifying it by saying it's "a sandbox where monsters come out and try to ruin your artwork." Minecraft is more difficult to define than Terraria is because Minecraft is more open ended. Terraria has clearer objectives and is more of a "game" in the sense of the kinds of games we typically expect to see... but the beauty of Minecraft is that there is a lot more to do, even if it seems simpler.

For me, at least, Terraria is a game that I am going to be playing and enjoying for a while, but will probably get burnt out on and not return to, whereas I find that Minecraft has more playability.
    Thank you muffincat you completely changed my opinion

Sig by Psychotray

Thread Information