View Poll Results: Minecraft or Terraria

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minecraft

15 83.33%
  • Terraria

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

whoops, my bad on intercepting the hate claim.

+1 to the post of muffins
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Muffin I really appreciate your opinion but your not seeing how much possibility there is in Terraria too.

The game is only in 1.0.5, the developer say they have much more to add to the game. In a recent update they said they want to add more weapons, armor. Alien planets/other dimensions you can travel too.

We also need to look at the multiplayer and player content of the games.

Using Curse, people can download each others world. People make worlds for item farming, pvp based arenas, plus dungeons with player made puzzles and traps.

And in Terraria's multiplayer people can work together to survive, build, and I've gotten into some pretty lore rich Roleplaying Servers as well.

Terraria and Minecraft are different, but to say either have more playability is wrong. The only predefined goal in Terraria is too defeat the bosses, but you can still play and get a lot of fun out of the game long after you kill the bosses.
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

In the few hours I did play Minecraft, I spent it exploring and digging caves and tunnels. I'd certainly classify that as an adventure lol.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    Muffin I really appreciate your opinion but your not seeing how much possibility there is in Terraria too.

The game is only in 1.0.5, the developer say they have much more to add to the game. In a recent update they said they want to add more weapons, armor. Alien planets/other dimensions you can travel too.

We also need to look at the multiplayer and player content of the games.

Using Curse, people can download each others world. People make worlds for item farming, pvp based arenas, plus dungeons with player made puzzles and traps.

And in Terraria's multiplayer people can work together to survive, build, and I've gotten into some pretty lore rich Roleplaying Servers as well.

Terraria and Minecraft are different, but to say either have more playability is wrong. The only predefined goal in Terraria is too defeat the bosses, but you can still play and get a lot of fun out of the game long after you kill the bosses.
    I am aware of the things you point out about Terraria, and I play on multi-player with my friends. However, I do think that Terraria has less replayability after playing both. That's just my opinion, and I never said that you had to agree with it :P

It's not wrong of me to say that I think Minecraft has more replayability. It's true for me ^^

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Terraria isn't necessarily a copy or replica of Minecraft, but it does have a few elements of Minecraft within the game. And I haven't played Terraria because it looks so boring.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

reminds me of mario and minecraft

I voted minecraft. Simple, fun, excellent game!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I feel I have stated my case.

I built all that legit. I believe I had to mine several thousand stone blocks.

*the statues alone (ten of them) require 100 stone each.
    *If you fall through the tower 2nd from the right the shaft goes all the way past ground level to hell non stop.

*yes that is a working unlimited obsidian generator. Sometimes there are goldfish in it.
    *The gold chests contain one of every weapon and vanity item.
    *Its not actually finished yet.
    Last edited by BobTD; 09-29-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I like the look of Terraria, I may give it a try. I have a feeling i'll always like minecraft more though.

BobTD, impressive!

I didn't vote but having played both and not really enjoying either, I feel completely unbiased and want to give an opinion. haha

That said, If you're comparing the two and saying they're similar enough to even -be- compared, then Minecraft is a better game. More original. More for creative minds.

Terraria is more adventure, more story-line seeming. Somebody mentioned it making them think of Zelda and Metroid and I have to agree. It -is- more down that road.

However, I don't think the two should be compared. While similar, they are very different games. Graphic-wise, gameplay-wise, story (or lackthereof) wise and everything.

So meh... I dunno. I think they're different enough not to be compared to each other. But if you MUST compare, then I say Minecraft is better in the sense that it seems more original than Terraria, which appears to have its roots somewhere in the style/gameplay of early the Nintendo-era.

But that's just me.
    Last edited by Zelda; 09-29-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    ..would you kill to save a life?

Thread Information