Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College

Default College

I've made topics about this before, but this one is different. I just want everybody to talk about college here, any good experiences for those who are currently in or have finished college, any upcoming plans for people starting this fall of for people going into their second year, any fun ways to enjoy yourself, etc. Or heck, even if you're still in high school and want to talk about that go for it.

So, for those that don't know, I graduated in 2008 and went to University at Buffalo for 2 years, the first semester was the best 4 months of my life but the next semester i was in a bad relationship which ruined the rest of my freshmen year, and the second year I got stuck in a crappy dorm since i applied for dorming too late. So last year, I transferred to a community college and took classes back home, commuting to college, it was cool because it was like being in high school again - a small building where everybody knew each other, and i even had some friends from high school there, but I really missed actually being in college.

This coming year is my second year at the community college, and i'm getting an apartment by the main campus (last year I was at a sub-campus closer to home) and am really looking forward to having a more real college experience, but of course it won't be like being at UB again. However, I'm hoping to return to UB after I get a degree from JCC, cuz after the first semester I felt like a part of me was missing. I need to close the UB chapter of my life because I feel like I just left it behind.

Anyways, i'm majoring in communications, getting a 2-year degree at JCC this year and like I said, hoping to take it to UB and turn that into a better degree in comm with maybe a minor in film, I don't know yet (i originally went for film)

So yea, just tell about your experiences and stuff at college, post some fun stories or anything if you got them

I took law, in florida.
    Not that many parties there, but at my friends college there was and he always brought me, and my stories aren't appropiate for this forum.. :P
    I was in law for 3 years.

Do you have any appropriate stories? One time my roommate fell asleep with his hand in his pants, and his friends across the hall took a picture of it, printed it out, wrote "sometimes my hands get cold" and taped it to the door. it was hilarious.

Well, I kicked a hole in my door, no one knew I did it, and my friend stuck his hand in it, just messing around.
    It got stuck and firefighters had to cut my door.
    :P

good experiences is that I met some of my best friends at my college and it sucks after 4 months im actually done with school and have to move on with my life to start my career. We do screw around alot and they make college very.... manageable meaning that the hell hole im at is so pathetic that i would lose my mind on a daily basis if not for my friends

Im still in high school, going to be a Junior this year. I have no idea what im going to do about college. Where to go, what to do, how to pay for it, how to even get in. The future is much too bothersome.

Graduated high school in June, going to take a correspondence course (at home) for my power engineering class 4 ticket. Gonna apply in the next few weeks, and then hopefully in 6-8 months I'll have my ticket! Then I'm gonna work, get some cash, and take another course (through a real college) that basically cuts getting my class 3 + half of my 2nd in 2 years, instead of 7 years of correspondence/work experience. Then hopefully in the next 3-5 years, I'll be breaking bank.

(Most places need a second class power engineer just to run. So as soon as I get that, I can pretty much lounge around at work for $30+ depending on where I go. Couple places down south are paying $40 )

ITT: Things I'll never do.

I'm currently at junior level (3rd year) at a 4-year university. I'm double majoring in sociology and social work. Because I'm double majoring, it's most likely that I'll be at the university longer than 4 years, but I'm not really concerned with that.

I don't plan to go into grad school, because I don't mind staying at a lower-level social worker position. I don't want to become a social worker for money, I just want to help people. Enough money to live comfortably suits me just fine. Plus, I do not plan to have children, so I don't need to be wealthy.

I'm not really associated with clubs at my school because I'm kind of introverted. Not only that, but it just kind of seems like people in clubs are rather stuck-up. It could be my imagination, but I don't feel comfortable hanging out with people like that. Plus, I usually don't have time to spare, because I hold a job while going to school full-time.

I graduated in 2002.... focused on work for awhile then went to school at Belmont (in TN) and majored in Audio Engineering... got bored in 2004, decided to "take a break" ... by take a break I mean work to pay all the bills while my *then* fiance could work on HIS degree and I'd go back after he graduated and was paying the bills...

AHHHH The mistakes we make when we're young. He graduated, left me sitting, so I continued working.

Two years ago I started taking classes with University of Phoenix, don't laugh. I'm already well established in my company just need the piece of paper. I was majoring in Business, but recently changed it to Accounting. I like numbers better than people after 6 years in Hospitality.

So I'm still working on the Accounting degree and getting various certifications from Cornell in the process... so I'm technically going to two schools at one time... which is fun.

I honestly wish I could go back 10 years and do it all over, because I got accepted into some pretty elite schools, but didn't see the opportunity in front of my face. Belmont is a private college known for it's Music programs (go figure, it's Nashville) and I REALLY wish I would have stayed there, but you can't change the past so meh.

As far as fun stories... Belmont was fun. Lived in a dorm with one of those UBER christian types. Belmont is a Christian school, so I saw it coming, but she was one of the Christians who tries to save everyone by forcing them to convert.... so she REALLY got on my nerves. Made for LOADS of fun times just simply by making her squirm and question her values. =)

Thread Information