Thread: Terraria

Default Terraria

A couple of things I want to get out of the way before I do this review

1.Terraria is not Minecraft and vice versa, people are so silly that they can’t see this.
    2.Speaking of that I had a hard time deciding where to put this under, we don’t have an Adventure Game Reviews section and putting it under “Other” doesn’t feel right. I categorized it how Steam did, under RPG/Indie
    3.Yes I know I haven’t done a review since my first one and that was like 6 month ago, It’s not that I don’t enjoy it, I’m just lazy.

Alright, everyone good? No questions during the presentation please.

You are digging into the bowels of the Earth looking for the illusive Hellstone which you could craft into some mighty armor. Suddenly you break into a cave system, you light a torch and you can see it, in the distance, HELLSTONE!!! You rush to it, pickaxe read when suddenly you hear an odd sound. Next thing you know a giant worm has lopped your head off and you lose all your items. The next next thing you go ape-**** on your computer and leave your room crying.

Your are playing Terraria, an adventure game by the indie company Re-Logic. Like something like Gary’s Mod or Minecraft, the game has no real goals, you can build, craft, dig, fight monsters or do what you like. The only real objective is to defend your home/town you build for npcs or you can slay your world’s boss but still play after that.

Gameplay: Terraria’s gameplay is a mixed bag to say the least. The whole game is played like a side-scroller, which makes it’s combat fun and reminiscent of Metroid or Contra. The game’s building elements take a toll as the game’s 2 dimensional layout can be a problem; not to say building in Terraria isn’t fun, it’s just that there’s no way to get around buildings or hills except over. Other than that though the game has a lot of playability with dungeons to explore and a lot of bosses/monsters to fight. The game has many weapons and armors to help you with these goals, as well as potions, accessories, and explosives. I give the gameplay of Terraria a 9.5/10

Story/Presentation: The game has little story, you are a Terrarian who has to survive in a hostile world by gathering resources and fighting bad guys. Over time you will gain companions who will help you by providing services. The game’s cute little 16 bit style is simple but does the game justice as it brings back memories of the days of the old NES games. I give the Story/Presentation of Terraria a 8/10

Graphics/Audio: The graphics are not spectacular, which are obvious, but there really not supposed to be, Terraria’s art style is good for Terraria. The soundtrack gets really boring after a while, the game’s 3 tracks, underground, daytime, and night are just three minute loops that get old fast. I give the Graphics/Audio of Terraria a 6/10

In conclusion I give Terraria an overall score of………..9/10. The game is very fun and you can get a lot of hours from single player, not mentioning the absolute joy you can have with friends on multiplayer. Music and graphics are not the best, but the game’s style is unique today and I like it.
    Last edited by Akatosh; 08-10-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

Not One ****ing Comment???
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

ummm awesome review!!!!

Very nice!
    Is this your first review?
    It was really extended for such a short thought game, nice job.
    Edit: Sorry, I skipped that part, lol, my bad, anyway, I unlike him VVVVV enjoyed its length, it was a bad choice for a review, but you handled it greatly.
    Last edited by Slay; 08-10-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    Not One ****ing Comment???
    I lol'd

It's a bit short, I understand this is an indie game with a pretty basic concept but I think your review could have had more depth.

I plan on trying this out eventually, need to find some people to play with, or convince a few friends to buy it.
    Last edited by Synge; 08-10-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Sig by TheMangler

Several of my reviews have also only 1 or 0 comments, it sucks.

Thread Information