Exclamation iTunes and Vent is clashing

This has been happening for a good while now, and it's now starting to get REAL annoying. More often than not, if I have Vent open at the same time as iTunes, my sound output with generally start to crackle. However, when I close iTunes down, my sound output will eventually go back to normal, but sometimes that isn't always the case.

I was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem with Ventrilo or iTunes? If so, please help me if you've found a fix! Alls I can find on various forums on Google is people repeating the OP and saying that they have the same problem, instead of posting anything that actually helps!!!

O.o

Thanks.

Can you reproduce the same effect in other VoIP applications like TeamSpeak, Mumble, or Skype? It sounds like an issue with a built-in sound chip on a motherboard being about as effective as you'd fear it would be. Does your rig have a dedicated sound card?

If it's a software issue and you don't get the same issue with other VoIP clients, just use Mumble since it's as good as/better than Ventrilo in many respects anyway. If it's a hardware issue, do you have the money/interest in buying a sound card or external DAW/audio controller? Are there newer/alternative drivers for your sound card/mother board's sound chip you could experiment with?

EDIT: also, you could just not have Vent and iTunes open at the same time :P it's a fairly mild sacrifice (annoying, yes, but at least they work individually!)
    Last edited by Diligence109; 07-26-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

It only appears to happen with Ventrilo, however it has happened with Skype once before, but I haven't had another problem since then for quite some time now. I kind of have to use Ventrilo, as we have a paid-for server on there, and about 6 of my friends use it every day, so I'm stuck with it! However, in regards to iTunes, I suppose I could just use my actual iPod instead, but I would have to buy myself a decent docking station/stereo for it to drop into!

I have a Creative SB X-Fi card, with all drivers re-installed and up-to-date. I also have my Realtek onboard sound disabled and all software related to Realtek uninstalled, just to avoid any potential clashes.

I read a forum post which instructed me that if I was to uninstall Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials then it might just fix my issue. I don't have any clue as to how either of those applications could be having an effect on my sound output, but I followed the instructions regardless.

As things stand now (and I don't know whether this is a fluke or not), I haven't had an issue with the sound since I uninstalled Malwarebytes... I did some pretty intense testing too, which had me having my push to talk button down constantly on Vent whilst people were speaking, having YouTube videos playing, having iTunes & WMP open and playing music at the same time, and my sound didn't even waver one bit.

I will update you on if this has been a successful fix, or whether it was just a total fluke. But that will have to be some time tomorrow, as it's 04:13 here, and I am shattered!

Thanks for the response! G'night.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

What if you use a different media player? does the problems persist even then?

Sig. by Psychotray

iTunes always closes on me -.-, I dont think the problem is resolvable, I think you'll have to stick with it, until they fix that problem.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    What if you use a different media player? does the problems persist even then?
    Tried it, and the problem is still there. However, I'm yet to test to see if the problem has disappeared for good since I did that change to my system last night. As aforementioned, I shall update this thread if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    iTunes always closes on me -.-, I dont think the problem is resolvable, I think you'll have to stick with it, until they fix that problem.
    Fortunately mine stays open! I did use to have a problem where it wouldn't close though, ha! Every time I'd close it down, it used to restart itself and pop back up onto my screen. I eventually found out that it was the Windows Live Messenger plugin that was causing it to do that.

nice! glad you fixed it.
    EDIT: disregard this, I suck cocks
    Last edited by Diligence109; 07-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

He havent yet, he was talking about another problem he had earlier. :P

Sig. by Psychotray

Problem is still there
    Vent and Spotify made my sound start to crackle, and Vent and CoD4 made my sound start to crackle. It's obvious that Ventrilo is the problem, but I've looked everywhere on forums and no-one has an answer! Just people constantly bumping the threads with replies such as "YEAH I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO, DERP."

Thread Information