19 51.35%
  • PS3 FTW

18 48.65%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Vs Ps3

Default Ps2 Vs Ps3

• PS2
    • PS3

** THIS ONLY COUNTS IF YOUR PS3 ISNT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE, CHOOSE ONE CONSOLE OR THE OTHER!!**

Basically im just curious, i have just bought a PS2 again and a bunch of old school games, Resi 4, GTA 3 vice city and san andreas, Final Fantasy 10 -12

so many more old school games NFS Most wanted etc

Now since buying my PS2 i havent so much looked at my PS3 so i just wondered what you thought?

I think the PS3 offers little in comparison to the PS2 as far as game content goes, graphics wise the PS3 smashes the PS2 but hey its not all about graphics surely? whats your thoughts?
    Last edited by NathanielxWv4; 07-30-2011 at 05:11 AM.

yeah, (to me) many games on the ps2 had great replay value. like if I played a game, it makes me wanna play it again & see if there's another ending, or if there's another unlockable thing you know?
    I loved playing FFX & 12. GTA San Andreas is fun,
    I still play yakuza 1 & 2 just for fun...
    on the ps3 its all about trophies (applies to some people) but from what I'm seeing, some PS2 games are being released into HD format: God of War series, prince of persia, tomb raider, etc. maybe one day, great games on the ps2 are being released like that... again.

Yes trophies takes over my game play and ruins it, where as you can play san aandreas and just play for hours doing well nothing really running from cops and what not, but its still fun, ps3 dont have the content ps2 have.

I agree about trophies, while they add more playability to a game...playing through Demon's Souls turned into "get all the trophies" That's usually what happens with me. Some games have obnoxiously hard trophies though, like Wipeout HD, and I don't even bother.

Anyways, since my PS3 is one of the backwards compatible models, i'm gonna have to go with ps3. though I think PS2 struck a nice balance between gameplay and graphics. I used to think that the PS1 had a nice balance but thats only cuz i played the good PS1 games. After playing some crappy ones....eugh.

My choice depends on whether or not we're restricting the consoles to the games made specifically for the system. Like:

PS2 backwards compatible PS3 vs PS2: PS3 wins (it's the obvious choice, yeah? Get the best of both worlds.)

NonBC PS3 vs PS2: PS2 wins

So basically, for me, there are more PS2 games that I would consider favorites than PS3. My favorite game of all time is also a PS2 title (FFX).

Sig by TheMangler

SOrry i will edit my post, NO BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE ^^ because it makes the ps3 a ps2 lol so voids the question, This morning i have been play MGS2 And NFS MW now they are 2 of my favorite games ever, and yet, i havent played anything on the ps3 that makes me feel WOW, EXCEPT Cod4, but since then its been rubbish.

About the games if you dont count for graphics ps2 have a large advantage cause its been out for an amasingly long time and have a sickly amounts of games, of course many of them have to be good but there are pretty many bad titles too.

All in all PS3 will live on many years more and get more games that will probably be very good but also some bad.

I would say that Ps3 winns cause its a newer model than ps2 that just havent had as much time to get that many good games.

I definitely choose the PS2. WAY, WAY more JRPGs on it than there ever will be on the PS3. Some damn good games too. There's very few awesome JRPGs on the PS3, compared to the magnificence of some on the PS2.

Default Ps3/360

I have both and the 360 specific games are way better.

i got ps2 ps3 and i gotta say im a hardcore ps3 fan never really liked games only for certain consals

Thread Information