Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS2 FTW

19 51.35%
  • PS3 FTW

18 48.65%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Vs Ps3

I think PS3 is ONLY better if its backwards compatible :P Made the mistake of giving my ex my PS2 not knowing my fiances PS3 wasnt backwards compatible.... didnt realize it until I bought Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Was ecstatic to finally find that game.... and cant even play it :{

PS2 is the best system of all time in my oppinion. The game selection was much better. Games actually lasted more than 6 hours back then and like someone said earlier games were more fun to replay. I like trophies gives me something else to do as im going thorugh the game but id much rather have a 20 hour story line with no trophies then a 6 hour with trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Draelthalas View Post
    PS2 is the best system of all time in my oppinion. The game selection was much better. Games actually lasted more than 6 hours back then and like someone said earlier games were more fun to replay. I like trophies gives me something else to do as im going thorugh the game but id much rather have a 20 hour story line with no trophies then a 6 hour with trophies.
    Which makes me wonder why PS1 wasn't added as an answer. Some of the games on that system would take forever to get everything and beat and there wasn't even a trophy system to push people so they really had to rely on story-telling. Some of the best RPG concepts came from that system and when that system hit the shelfs, I'm sure everyone was amazed at it's capabilities. Either way, Sony has far out-done themselves in the gaming industry.

The only problem with trophies I see is sometimes I stop playing the game just to play the game and start playing it to get the trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    The only problem with trophies I see is sometimes I stop playing the game just to play the game and start playing it to get the trophies.
    Yeah lol i do that sometimes i go out of my way to get trophies but then i come back and start playing the game for what it is again.

Quote Originally Posted by mutilations View Post
    Which makes me wonder why PS1 wasn't added as an answer. Some of the games on that system would take forever to get everything and beat and there wasn't even a trophy system to push people so they really had to rely on story-telling. Some of the best RPG concepts came from that system and when that system hit the shelfs, I'm sure everyone was amazed at it's capabilities. Either way, Sony has far out-done themselves in the gaming industry.
    Most likely because PS2's are still sold iin many places and a ton of people still play it.
    Last edited by Muffincat; 08-20-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: double post

Most likely because PS2's are still sold iin many places and a ton of people still play it.
    Yes.. and somehow that statement makes me feel old. -.- No matter. lol I'm just happy the PS3 units are compatible with PS1 games.

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

I agree about the Ps2 having a larger variety of games to choose from, I prefer Ps2 because its one of my fondest memories of my childhood gaming. That and the N64 and Ps1.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Yes.. and somehow that statement makes me feel old. -.- No matter. lol I'm just happy the PS3 units are compatible with PS1 games.
    =O PS3's can play ps1 games? ive had one for 2 years and did not know this! lol. But what i dont understand is they made a quad usb port backwards compatible then took it off the market.........fail if you ask me

It makes me think of Megaman Battle Network 3. All these optional areas that are really fun but tough to get through. Of course, the entire Battle Network series had the optional areas but BN3's was the best.

I love the PS3 and its consol that I use most. But I still have my PS2 and from time to take it out and play games like GT3 or GT4. I still have the PS1 and that too gets an airing when I'm feeling a little nostalgic.

Thread Information