Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    Microsoft is justified in banning you just because your gamertag, what games you play, etc. They need to do in depth investigations, or why even call it an investigation if you are just looking at recent messages? they clearly dont enforcement jack because they care more about Waw and what not.
    Or there's the fact that... you get enough complaints against you and I'm willing to bet it just auto-bans you. Just because you think all they did was look at his messages, doesn't mean that is. Doesn't even sound like you know what they do.

And.. they can't ban you for what kind of games you play or your gamertag. I don't know where you got this misconceived idea.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

They could if they want. If you truly think about it we are paying them 50 bucks a year to access the service and they can terminate it at anytime they damn well please. In all reality we are paying to borrow our gamertags and what not.

I think you are forgetting how many users they need to watch over. If I had to watch over that many users and saw you doing something "questionable" I'd probably ban you too.

And they do see "boost busting" as a form of trolling because what makes you any better than the people that are "boosting". Because they are raising their score compared to everyone else? Who cares because in real game play it won't matter. Some people just take video games too seriously. Maybe your buddy needs a break.

The amount of users shouldnt compare to the quality of the investigation. Just because they have millions of people to watch doesnt mean they should do a shallow investigation. For example look at the IRS and all the the tax returns they have to look over, they look over everyone and verify everything is correct, so if other agencies such as the IRS can do that why not Microsoft? Seems pathetically lazy on their end.

Busting cheaters isnt trolling, its trying to clean up the community and alot of people support it. What makes us any better than the people who are cheating? Simple we are the ones who are trying to rid the community of cheaters unlike Microsoft. If they are watching WaW with malice why not any other game? Nah my friend isnt taking a break he has several more accounts he is going to use.

The amount of users shouldnt compare to the quality of the investigation. Just because they have millions of people to watch doesnt mean they should do a shallow investigation. For example look at the IRS and all the the tax returns they have to look over, they look over everyone and verify everything is correct, so if other agencies such as the IRS can do that why not Microsoft? Seems pathetically lazy on their end.
    There's a HUGE difference. Where the IRS is dealing in completely doing the taxes, Microsoft focuses on more than just Live. Not only that, but Microsoft doesn't lose anything by banning people, sure they may lose $60 a year per person, but that's essentially a drop in the bucket to them. The IRS is required to do scour over every detail to make sure if it's correct, because if a number's off by one one-hundredth of a decimal, it screws literally everything else over.

If you're really going to compare an entire government agency to an exponentially smaller team from a company, I think you need to rethink what you're saying.

And like I said, there's no way that Microsoft can go into a game's files and tell exactly what happened. They can't just click on a file and have it play a video of how the match went. Therefore, they look for any red flags. If they see a lot of them, they have the right to be suspicious. And like you said, it's their service they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

And if you think they're actually paying attention to WaW more than any other game, you need to check your facts. The only reason that job was delegated to them is because Treyarch said "**** it, we've got a new game that we can support." and left Microsoft to deal with all the hacks.

Busting cheaters isnt trolling, its trying to clean up the community and alot of people support it. What makes us any better than the people who are cheating? Simple we are the ones who are trying to rid the community of cheaters unlike Microsoft.
    Busting cheaters is trolling. You're ruining what other people consider fun. Hell, unless people are boosting for killstreaks in a game, what the hell does it matter? It's not like them finishing the challenges, getting everything for each gun, etc really affects you. Having their accounts lifted to Prestige 14 doesn't make them special.

And, I hate to break it to you, but nothing makes you better than them but the fact that you aren't boosting yourselves. Sure, you might be doing "the right thing" in your eyes, but to Microsoft you're doing it in an extremely suspicious way. You do, after all, have to join a boosting lobby to "bust" them do you not?

Saying that booster busters are above getting banned for what they do is like saying that the police are above the law. It's just not true.
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 07-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Ilyich, I <3 you.

It's nice to know that someones else can see what I'm talking about.

Thread Information