Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Total War: Shogun 2

Summary:
    Total War: Shogun 2 is a turn based war strategy.
    It is one of the many series of Total War games.
    It is based in th 1500's in Asia, in a time where many clans where stingy for land, land that you need for domination.
    As domination is everyones goal.
    It is a game with a high amount of customization, you can edit a warriors skills, to a combat perks, and more.
    With over 1000 army combinations it is impossible to get bored, and with other 30 interactable clans, it makes the game a true challenge, choose allies, and enemies.

Gameplay:
    The Total War series is a huge change in gameplay coming from any other turn based strategy game.
    Instead of having two units fight the instant they touch, each visible unit acts a general, who when in war, will bring the army he commands, which can be over 500 units.
    So, when you declare battle with another "general" he and your armies will do in battle, also neat to some strategy gamers, you can control practicly everything your army does, from running, to how they defend themselves, a truly interactive game.
    The whole game is on a free camera, so all the more access to looking at the action.

Graphics:
    Total War: Shogun 2 has amazing graphics considering two things, it's a Sega game, and they amount of activity is huge.
    The only defect I have every seen in the graphics is that since you have a free camera, sometimes you can see inside a tree, or a hill, but besides that Shogun 2 is a great game for the graphics lovers out there.
    Even the cutscenes are impressive!

Storyline:
    Bieng so interactive, Shogun 2 has no real story line, but, you will feel as if you are in an intense rush when in war, to me, that makes up for having abosolutely no story.

Quick Review:
    Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics 9/10
    Storyline 4/10

*Got suggestions? Tell me on my visitor messages!
    Last edited by Slay; 08-05-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling fixes

Very nice, I might rent it out soon and give it a try.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

This is... a little short for a review (in my opinion). You might want to add some more to it to flesh it out a little more. Nice start though!

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    This is... a little short for a review (in my opinion). You might want to add some more to it to flesh it out a little more. Nice start though!
    That was the only issue with it, there isn't much too it.
    If you literaly want the whole review, I gave you more.
    :P
    The next game will be longer, promised.
    Last edited by Slay; 08-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.

It is a bit short. I think for a strategy game, focusing on key points of gameplay is crucial, but an otherwise good start.

Sig by TheMangler

Decent review for a start, though, like the others have said, it's a little short..
    I might pick the game up once I have bought and built my gaming comp as I enjoyed the first one even though I didn't really touch the large scale battles, I just let them automat..
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

I won't bother repeating what others have said, but from what you've stated I agree with you 100%
    I suppose the only story really is to get to the centre of the land the become the dominating clan... but that got a bit boring for me, as there's just so much to do, and it does get a little bit repetitive. I really haven't played anywhere near enough of this game to get my money's worth yet... it makes me sad.

There are two thing I wonder, how does the battles work now when they gone back to swords and bows(from muscuets and canons) ? And are there still ship battles?

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    There are two thing I wonder, how does the battles work now when they gone back to swords and bows(from muscuets and canons) ? And are there still ship battles?
    Battles work just the same as they did in Medieval Total War, but the game has obviously seen some innovation since then, so it's better. Naval battles are also still a feature in the new age of Total War games, and they're pretty cool. Because the graphics have improved tenfold the naval battles look awesome now.

Sounds nice, but I still dont think I will get this one. Im not that interested in the setting.

Thread Information