Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: outdoor gaming?

I have friends who I go out drinking with.
    I have friends I go to watch the football with.
    I have friends I play tennis or badminton with once a week.
    I have friends I play football with twice a week, 7-a-side and 11-a-side.
    I have friends who I play on the XBOX with.

The majority of these groups consist of different people. So your best bet is, try and find people who like the same things as you, and befriend them.
    YNWA
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Exclamation larp

I have decided on larp as I have been listening to the yogscast (a minecraft commentary) and decided I'll find one, and if I can't Ill find a cheap, nearby airsoft. Beggars cannot be choosers!

I still think you should try out a game of capture the flag.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Martial arts is always a good bet; I know it was briefly mentioned before, but you might want to see if there is a style you can learn nearby your home. There are so many different styles to learn that there might be something for you, and you would meet a lot of new, active people who might have interests in some other outdoor activities.

Other than that, you can look into finding some sort of club or... I dunno, a gym or something similar where people go to do sports like that. I know they have them, and I don't think they are all expensive (though I am sure some are and I don't really know anything about your area). Have you tried looking at websites for your city that might have some sort of similar group? You could even try Craigslist or something like that XD

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I think you missed the point. If none of your friends want to Larp with you or anything, find friends that will. Doesn't mean you have to ditch your old friends.

In terms of outdoor tactical things, there's laser tag, paintball, airsoft, or nerf. You can't play any of those. If you want to play something outside, you might need to find something else, that's why people are suggesting you try other things. Maybe you could find some buddies and play Capture the Flag in the woods. Put some camo on and sneak around the woods looking for the other team's hidden flag. If you wanted to incorporate guns you could, but at this point it looks like you're going to have to go nerf. Don't like nerf? It seems its Nerf or nothing, since you can't afford/aren't allowed to use the other options. Beggars can't be choosers, so they say. get the velcro darts so you can tell if you get somebody. Paint the guns camo colors if you want or something. But seriously, try capture the flag. Find a decent sized forest, designate the boundaries, hide your flags, and sneak around trying to find the other flags.
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

And I second this, a well organized game of CTF can be a hell of a lot of fun (especially when paired with paintball).

Sig by TheMangler

Have you tried swimming? (Might be too cold where you are as you are in England)
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

I Have the same problem as you. I've spent most of my summer playing black ops. *as did all of my other friends* so I stay inside all day. I just try to work out and play as much sports as I can by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrum View Post
    Maybe play Monoply in a tent or something, I have no idea
    Oh man! So LOLs xD

Play Mission Impossible at night with friends! Best game ever. It's not physical or with weapons, but it's so much fun.

There's a can, or object of some sort to grab, to take to a certain point to win (we use a glowstick inside a big coffee can). So you drop it in one edge of a field/forest, and try to get it to the other end. But there's 1-2 people trying to stop you. Say there's 5 people trying to grab the can, you'd probably have 2 people trying to stop you. If you're tagged, you're out. If you have the can, you drop it where it is for someone else to grab.

Played this a lot, so much fun. Sorry it's not greatly explained, if you want more detail lemme know. This game is so much fun, we played with a group of about 12 of us, and 3 people were tagging with 9 running for the can.

Thread Information