Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samus-Fan View Post
    Hmmm.....I guess just 2 major things.
    One, you used the Goomba as your focal, and the shading almost makes it look like you're hiding it. Usually (Depending on the mood of the tag) you want to make the focal stand out, draw attention to it, make it some eye candy. And then this would lead to two....
    Two, The font isn't bad, but the text could use a little elbow grease. You have it in the corner (Not a bad thing) but it stands out, it kinda draws attention away from your focal, where as you want it to pull your eyes towards the focal, or have it match the flow of the signature. Personally, I suck at text. I find it very hard to make text for a signature, which is why I usually try to hide my text, it doesn't take anything away from a signature if it isn't there (usually)
    And don't worry about making a signature yours, everyone starts at a point, and as they create more and more signature, a style develops, and that style is what makes it yours, not what you put into the signature.
    Heck, that's why we can't do anonymous signature of the weeks. Every member here has a distinct style. Look at the nintendo one and you'll know what I mean.

I always like some C&C. Goes as hard as you can, it only helps.
    I dont know if its just me but i think because its a smaller sig the lines and bubbles almost over whelm the sig other than that its really good.

With your feed back i tried to create a new one i worked harder with this one as i used a mix of photo shop and paint.net i used photo shop just for making the dragon shaded and paint.net for un focusing the dragon. and the rest of the stuff. I like the ones were it looks like its popping out of the sigs so i tried it. I hope that this one is better. if you have more feed back I would love to hear it once more be hard.
    Last edited by egg-whites333; 08-16-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by egw333 View Post
    I dont know if its just me but i think because its a smaller sig the lines and bubbles almost over whelm the sig other than that its really good.

With your feed back i tried to create a new one i worked harder with this one as i used a mix of photo shop and paint.net i used photo shop just for making the dragon shaded and paint.net for un focusing the dragon. and the rest of the stuff. I like the ones were it looks like its popping out of the sigs so i tried it. I hope that this one is better. if you have more feed back I would love to hear it once more be hard.
    Woah man, that's really awesome, that's what im talkin about, see what I mean, just put your time into it and it turns out great, which it is!, nice work man, btw, I beat you to Scorpion, lol

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Lol Photoshop was being a pain and paint.net wasint being kind ether i was working on this right when i saw him post the thing on he re before it was his Sig lol who cares. He gave me a great idea.

Bitterking, interesting signature! The frosting effect goes really well with the focal (Duh lol) and it's not too flashy, pretty simple, and it really worked out in this case. The text kinda distracts from the focal though, and the font doesn't fit too well. I cool idea would be to add some icicles to the bottom of the text, or have it etched into the ice/frost in the front. I also like your subtle border. It's there, but it doesn't stand out. Very nice.

Egw, big improvement!
    The blurring of the logo creates some nice depth in it, and it causes your focal to stand out. The text is better, that's for sure, but I still kind of think it could use either some blending or something.
    I still try to use this tutorial as a reference every now and then. I'd check it out and read it, it might give you some ideas for text. I like it because it goes over small, hidden text and then larger, flashy text. Both can be made to work, and this kinda helps explain it.
    Other than the text, the only other thing I could say is maybe pick a different render. It might just be my crappy monitor, but it kinda looks stretched horizontally. It's not a bad signature, it's a huge improvement from the last one!

Also, this can be applied for anything and anyone. I know I've hit spots where I have no idea what to do, or I look at my signature and think that it could use something. Never be afraid to look up "Signature Tutorials" in google, you'll find tons and tons of tutorials! And you don't have to follow them 100%, sometimes you just use some effects they show you how to do. They taught me what C4Ds and wireframes are, and where you use them. Granted, I still am not close to perfect, but it showed me another element to add to my signature. It wouldn't hurt to look them up and see some effects and techniques.
    Last edited by Samus-Fan; 08-16-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

How about my sig that i currently had could i get some oppiuions on that also you didn't give me the tut link ;p i want this to be your hardiest one i already got some of psychos help and he said it was good except for some changes that i made how about you guys what do you think.

Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Please, be as harsh as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaylolop View Post

Please, be as harsh as possible.
    Just me, but keep the border more consistent. It's a little thicker on the right side, like it kinda breaks up more and further out, and to me it doesn't look as good.

Great work though, I like the random cat lol. Know I'm not on the gfx team or anything so I shouldn't be saying too much since I couldn't do half that good but just thought I'd letcha know how I feel. You've really come along in the last month in a half or so you've been here.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slaylolop again." damn, you'll have to wait for the green bro D:

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Just me, but keep the border more consistent. It's a little thicker on the right side, like it kinda breaks up more and further out, and to me it doesn't look as good.

Great work though, I like the random cat lol. Know I'm not on the gfx team or anything so I shouldn't be saying too much since I couldn't do half that good but just thought I'd letcha know how I feel. You've really come along in the last month in a half or so you've been here.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slaylolop again." damn, you'll have to wait for the green bro D:
    I actually agree with that, it's something I forgot to come back for, if you look at my proof for my sig, it was going to be my first background piece, and the gorrilaz guy would be covering the whole left side, which he still was supposed to be, but I got excited after I finished the border. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    I actually agree with that, it's something I forgot to come back for, if you look at my proof for my sig, it was going to be my first background piece, and the gorrilaz guy would be covering the whole left side, which he still was supposed to be, but I got excited after I finished the border. :3
    Nahh dude Gorillaz guy is perfect how he is. Looks better with the border still there, kinda filling in around his head. I like it man!

Thread Information