• I'm sick of it

20 48.78%
  • I like the discussions

3 7.32%
  • I AM a hater

1 2.44%
  • Nothing can top the XBox 360!

2 4.88%
  • Are you kidding me? PS3 is much better!

5 12.20%
  • Don't forget the almighty Wii!

1 2.44%
  • I like all Consoles

13 31.71%
  • I never say anything in console wars.

2 4.88%
  • I have my prefered console and I'm happy with it

10 24.39%
  • *Starts Console War*

2 4.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like the discussion of console wars. I remember when I thoroughly hated anything Sega, for no reason, as a child. Looking back, it was my uninformed opinion, that kept me from ever truely giving Sega a chance. Looking back now, I wish I would have been a Sega Slayer.

I feel that much of the people, like myself, that gravitated to Nintendo during this time did so only out of loyalty. Wouldn't it be great if Sega's sports division could get one year of EA sells? Imagine what kinda 2K sports they'd give us then.

I like to argue about my favorite console, which is the xbox 360. Though I do have a ps3, just for those curtain exclusive games. I'll always be a 360 fanboy though.

I'm really just sick of them. It's like, come on, can't we all just like what we like and shut up about which is "better" then the other. They all have their pros and cons and everyone has preferences. *shrug* No reason to argue!

I agree, the console wars are just petty and worn out. Every system has it's flaws just every system has it's positive sides- just like every person has their own personal preferance as to which they prefer. Why people feel the need to argue over them is beyond me. Debating- I get that and also enjoy it. But debating is on a whole different level then stubbornly deaming one single console superior to all others, no matter what.

What I do find interesting about the console wars is the pure Sociology beind it, I love it. The aspects of it are so indictive of human nature itself. I mean the fact that we as humans, are so predictable in our actions and attitudes towards others and objects, it amazes me. Just like real life, gaming has it cliques (for example 360, PC, Ps3, Wii). Each of these groups have their particular thoughts and stereotypes of the other (360 group thinks PCers aren't 'true' gamers while Ps3ers think 360ers are just a bunch of immature cursing kids only interested in FPS's while PCers think Wiiers are old people with kids, and so on and so on). They also each have their sense of pride and need to prove their loyalty to their console of choice. So despite perhaps wanting a Ps3, a 360er will deny those urges because others in that clique wouldnt approve (like a jock wanting to date a goth for example). And, just like in real life, we all have our opinions and dislike hearing facts/opinions from others that may sway them and change our minds because we've been defending our own opinon for so long which in turn leads us to.... The Great Console War! dun dun dunnnnnnn.....

I apologize if my post was out of context, I tend to take everything and somehow associate it back to Psychology/Sociology. >.> But it seemed relevant to me. However, dont get me wrong! Before anyone nerdrages, or takes this the wrong way, Im in no way saying that this is exactly how it is and how everyone feels. lol Im just generalizing for the sake of making a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I apologize if my post was out of context, I tend to take everything and somehow associate it back to Psychology/Sociology. >.> But it seemed relevant to me.
    Have I mentioned that I love you? I do that all the time! I imagine it gets on my friends' nerves, haha! But it was relevant. And I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially about how people defend things simply for the sake of defending them because they always have. Or because they're afraid they might -gasp- become open minded and actually LIKE that which they claim to hate.

I myself have no real preference. I like PC, the Wii and I like the PS3. I haven't found any games that are solely for 360 that I like, so I just don't own an xbox. But not because I WON'T PLAY XBOX, simply because I don't like their games. *shrug* I am a die-hard Nintendo fan so I can get a little upset when people (who won't even give Nintendo a chance) bash it but I don't argue about it. That's your opinion, you can have it. I have mine. It's not a battle!! Anywho, sorry for soap-boxing.
    ..would you kill to save a life?

I agree, the console wars are just petty and worn out. Every system has it's flaws just every system has it's positive sides- just like every person has their own personal preferance as to which they prefer. Why people feel the need to argue over them is beyond me. Debating- I get that and also enjoy it. But debating is on a whole different level then stubbornly deaming one single console superior to all others, no matter what.

What I do find interesting about the console wars is the pure Sociology beind it, I love it. The aspects of it are so indictive of human nature itself. I mean the fact that we as humans, are so predictable in our actions and attitudes towards others and objects, it amazes me. Just like real life, gaming has it cliques (for example 360, PC, Ps3, Wii). Each of these groups have their particular thoughts and stereotypes of the other (360 group thinks PCers aren't 'true' gamers while Ps3ers think 360ers are just a bunch of immature cursing kids only interested in FPS's while PCers think Wiiers are old people with kids, and so on and so on). They also each have their sense of pride and need to prove their loyalty to their console of choice. So despite perhaps wanting a Ps3, a 360er will deny those urges because others in that clique wouldnt approve (like a jock wanting to date a goth for example). And, just like in real life, we all have our opinions and dislike hearing facts/opinions from others that may sway them and change our minds because we've been defending our own opinon for so long which in turn leads us to.... The Great Console War! dun dun dunnnnnnn.....

I apologize if my post was out of context, I tend to take everything and somehow associate it back to Psychology/Sociology. >.> But it seemed relevant to me. However, dont get me wrong! Before anyone nerdrages, or takes this the wrong way, Im in no way saying that this is exactly how it is and how everyone feels. lol Im just generalizing for the sake of making a comparison.
    I haven't seen much going on with the console wars lately, I'm sure it'll be back up for the next generation. I'm just a competitive person by nature, a lot of gamers are that way as well. This is the main reason we get these console wars. Even though I stick up for a curtain console, I still normally get both for the exclusive games, but that'll be the only games I buy for it. For most of the reason it's because most of my friends all have a 360, so that's what I am kinda forced to get. Friends are what make the games and systems what they are. PS3 and 360 are basically identical on how the games are played, not the features for each console.

I agree that there is no dominate system that is better at everything, but I still enjoy debating which console has more advantages then the other, or which one is just a better buy.

As for the stereotypes, they get the name for a reason. Plus putting things into groups is how the brain works. 360 is my favorite, and it does seem like there are a lot more annoying little kids then there is on the ps3. Though I disagree with the PC stereotype, I play FPS both on pc and 360, and it is save to say PC gaming is more competitive and have a lot better players. Though this could be just because there are dedicated servers, It's hard to tell really.

Anyway, my point is that everyone organizes things in there head. From what I learned from taking sociology, not sure if it's true, but the majority of people use grouping for memorization. So our brain is already hardwired to place things or even people into groups or labels.

Also, not attacking you personally or anything. Just your post had roughly the same things I was going to talk about and I was just simply comparing thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    Have I mentioned that I love you? I do that all the time! I imagine it gets on my friends' nerves, haha! But it was relevant. And I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially about how people defend things simply for the sake of defending them because they always have. Or because they're afraid they might -gasp- become open minded and actually LIKE that which they claim to hate.

I myself have no real preference. I like PC, the Wii and I like the PS3. I haven't found any games that are solely for 360 that I like, so I just don't own an xbox. But not because I WON'T PLAY XBOX, simply because I don't like their games. *shrug* I am a die-hard Nintendo fan so I can get a little upset when people (who won't even give Nintendo a chance) bash it but I don't argue about it. That's your opinion, you can have it. I have mine. It's not a battle!! Anywho, sorry for soap-boxing.
    *blushes* Lol :P Well I'm glad Im not the only one that does that! You're totally right as well- fear to becoming open minded is def a factor. Although, something I dont thoroughly understand. I can't imagine living that way O.o Closed mindedness is my by far my biggest pet peeves, it only leads to conflict.

I don't own an Xbox for the exact same reason. Im not against it, but in having a Ps3 (AND being broke) I don't find it necessary. Well, didn't find it necessary until the special edition SW one came out :O And I was once a die-hard Nintendo fan as well.... it makes me sad to say not as much nowadays. I've been progressively more and more disappointed in their games and such and then the WiiU announcement just made things worse. Oh well, all good things come to an end eventually right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I haven't seen much going on with the console wars lately, I'm sure it'll be back up for the next generation. I'm just a competitive person by nature, a lot of gamers are that way as well. This is the main reason we get these console wars. Even though I stick up for a curtain console, I still normally get both for the exclusive games, but that'll be the only games I buy for it. For most of the reason it's because most of my friends all have a 360, so that's what I am kinda forced to get. Friends are what make the games and systems what they are. PS3 and 360 are basically identical on how the games are played, not the features for each console.

I agree that there is no dominate system that is better at everything, but I still enjoy debating which console has more advantages then the other, or which one is just a better buy.

As for the stereotypes, they get the name for a reason. Plus putting things into groups is how the brain works. 360 is my favorite, and it does seem like there are a lot more annoying little kids then there is on the ps3. Though I disagree with the PC stereotype, I play FPS both on pc and 360, and it is save to say PC gaming is more competitive and have a lot better players. Though this could be just because there are dedicated servers, It's hard to tell really.

Anyway, my point is that everyone organizes things in there head. From what I learned from taking sociology, not sure if it's true, but the majority of people use grouping for memorization. So our brain is already hardwired to place things or even people into groups or labels.

Also, not attacking you personally or anything. Just your post had roughly the same things I was going to talk about and I was just simply comparing thoughts.
    I agree, I like the debate as well. And no need to justify yourself, I didn't think you were attacking me! Even if you had disagreed with and put down everything I said, I still wouldnt think you were. Arguing points is what debating is all about What makes it even better is when people can have an intelligent and serious debate without feeling the need to completely bash the other persons opinions. It's honestly refreshing, and doesn't happen often.

And yes, while not *always* true stereotrypes are most definitely there for a reason. Although, my little PC/Wii/Ps3/360 stereotype examples were just that, examples, and aren't necessarily how I feel personally..... except for the obnoxious kids on 360 part xD

Oh, our brains are definitely hard wired that way lol And thank god our brains have a method for organization because I have the friggin memory of a goldfish and otherwise wouldn't remember a thing. ^_^

I don't own an Xbox for the exact same reason. Im not against it, but in having a Ps3 (AND being broke) I don't find it necessary. Well, didn't find it necessary until the special edition SW one came out :O And I was once a die-hard Nintendo fan as well.... it makes me sad to say not as much nowadays. I've been progressively more and more disappointed in their games and such and then the WiiU announcement just made things worse. Oh well, all good things come to an end eventually right?
    Yeah. Having to pay to be a part of xbox's network or whatever which is free on Playstation really turned me off.

Well, I don't know about that, at first I was disappointed in the WiiU announcement as well... but the more I hear about it, I think Nintendo may surprise us. So we shall see in time.

What gets me is that Nintendo almost always comes up with the ideas first... yet people still feel it necessary to bash them for their "unoriginality". haha To me it's like, wait, what?? Who was the first Console of the "Big Three"? Nintendo. Who had motion sensing first? Nintendo. Who's been around the longest and survived while others collapsed? Nintendo. Who had (even if it did flop hahah) and again is the first to have a 3D system? Nintendo.... So y'know... *shrug* But like I said, just my opinion.

Someone politely correct me if I'm wrong about any of that, btw. I think I'm right, but I might not be. haha
    ..would you kill to save a life?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    Yeah. Having to pay to be a part of xbox's network or whatever which is free on Playstation really turned me off.

Well, I don't know about that, at first I was disappointed in the WiiU announcement as well... but the more I hear about it, I think Nintendo may surprise us. So we shall see in time.

What gets me is that Nintendo almost always comes up with the ideas first... yet people still feel it necessary to bash them for their "unoriginality". haha To me it's like, wait, what?? Who was the first Console of the "Big Three"? Nintendo. Who had motion sensing first? Nintendo. Who's been around the longest and survived while others collapsed? Nintendo. Who had (even if it did flop hahah) and again is the first to have a 3D system? Nintendo.... So y'know... *shrug* But like I said, just my opinion.

Someone politely correct me if I'm wrong about any of that, btw. I think I'm right, but I might not be. haha
    Nintendo definitely isn't scared to try to things that's for sure,but you could argue that Atari 2600 had a motion sensor controller as well, don't remember the name of it though. The power glove was also motion sensor, but that developed by nintendo. You could also say that the virtual boy was the first 3d system. That's just digging in the dirt though, so those don't really count in my opinon. The technology really wasn't there yet.

Though the eye toy for the playstation 2 was motion sensor. So I believe that is the first legit motion sensor for consoles.

I agree really. i mean Xbox players have "reason's" as to why its "better" ps3 players have "reasons" why its better "better, PC has the same thing. And then there are wii players, to be very honest i don't really hear from them to much. And most of the points they bring up cosidering to be "fact" are solely opinion. i guess Im that innocent bystander just sitting there playing the games instead of wasting my time whining about them.

I agree, i don't have preference either i own a wii and ps3 though. I don't mind playing whatever game you offer. If you say "hey do you want to play -Insert game here that is not a sports game XD-". i Will say yes regardless as to what console/platform/arcade system etc. I mean i'm a Gamer for Christs sake! GIMME MAH GAMES!

But i will say I'm partial to Ps3 only because i personally like SONY as a company, and i like the products they disperse. That being said im not going to say " HEY YOU, XBOX IS WEAKSUACE!" or anything of the like. if someone says hey lets play halo reach! my reaction will be as follows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE. I'M A GAMER, I LOVE GAMES AWWW YEAHH!

Thread Information