Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Your Opinion : FPS on Controller or Mouse?

I notice that there is a pretty heavy conflict among fps gamers between those who uses console controllers and those who uses PC/mouse.

Do you honestly think that using a mouse is the "cheating" way just because it is supposedly a lot easier?

I think it really depends on who is more comfortable with using what kind and shouldn't be brought into question. Any opinions?

I prefer controller, and no, the mouse isn't the ''cheating'' way, because in my opinion its a lot more hard to use a mouse apposed to using an actual console controller, they are basically the same, in a way.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    I prefer controller, and no, the mouse isn't the ''cheating'' way, because in my opinion its a lot more hard to use a mouse apposed to using an actual console controller, they are basically the same, in a way.
    I honestly suck at console controllers.. And some people have a lot to say about my gaming mouse. Oh well, and I have heard many arguments about this online. Very curious lol

Keyboard and mouse in my preferred method of control in just about all genres. It is 'easier', but I don't see why having more control is considered cheating, console FPS often have aim assist.

Plus, it allows me to play more tactically, for example, using a scoped assault rifle and making my shots count is much easier on PC than consoles, where I'd be more apt to take the run and gun approach.

Sig by TheMangler

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

I perfer mouse and keyboard on all games except racing(1) and flying games(2), where i would rather have steering wheel and pedals(1) or a joystick.(2)

I do not belive it is cheating to use mouse & keyboard, mostly because we cant play against those who use controllers on Consoles (Yes, people can get Xbox/PS controllers for PC but they are able to adjust the control sensetivity in a much greater way on PC than on consoles.)

Sig. by Psychotray

I'd prefer a controller because I've used a controller all my life for almost all of my games. However I could probably get used to a mouse and keyboard eventually.
    "Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Thank You Th3-devils-princess!^

I prefer the controller for FPS.

I don't think that mouses are cheating, but you do have an upper advantage if you have a gaming mouse with keys on the side of it. You can switch weapons, keep moving, duck, and shoot away with no fingers leaving any keys, compared to someone with just a regular mouse.

I'd say console has more skill between players, as it's solely based on reflexes. Not that it's not skill on a mouse/PC, just some people have a slight advantage with gaming mice. Just like modded VS non-modded controllers for consoles. Slight upper advantage.

I depends on the game, on new vegas I use a controller, but not on F3.
    On all STALKERs I use my mouse, for half of racing games I play I use mouse, for lego games I use a controller, all depends.

It's a lot easier to aim with a mouse, but I don't like using a keyboard and stuff. I'd rather have a controller, because the buttons are laid out to fit a comfortable holding position, instead of just flat buttons. I hate gaming in the dark on a keyboard too, i always hit the wrong buttons (i don't look at the keyboard while typing or anything, but i generally put my fingers in the wrong spot on the keyboard, so i try to type a sentence and it comes out completely wrong. (note, I tried to type something like that on purpose and I just couldn't oy esd trsllu eritf. ksu yjhrtr er ho i hoy iyz

uau now i vant find where the spot on the okay wait nevermind i found it.

I prefer a Controller for most games, but some games like RPG's I always use a Keyboard and Mouse, for FPS I always use a Controller its much easier to aim in my opinion.

Thread Information