Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PokeEarth craft

Default PokeEarth craft

So, if you haven't already heard, me, Ilyich, and our irl friend (who goes by Idoless on Minecraft) are going to build a pokemon world on our own Minecraft server. Now, I know what you're thinking: "how is this any different than any of the other million pokemon minecraft creations we've seen?" Well, i'll tell you:

1. The layout: Most of the pokemon recreations we've seen have been a 1:1 scale recreation. However, this makes it hard to build the interiors of certain places. We're going to be doing it in a 3:1 scale. This will allow the towns to be more natural looking, instead of having buildings cramped next to each other with narrow passages between them.

2. The content: no, this isn't going to be 100% faithful recreation. We're more interested in making a world that's fun to play in, as opposed to a scale re-creation. Yes, it will be 3:1 scale, all the towns and paths will be to scale, but we're going to be "interpreting" things a bit. The recreations i've seen all had the paths exactly the same shape and layout as in the game, which works from an overhead 2D perspective like in the pokemon games, but it doesn't translate well to minecraft-land. We're going to keep them as close as possible, but we're going to shape the world to better fit the world of minecraft. Viridian forest will be more of an actual forest, as opposed to a maze of trees. Also, if you want to build a house in, say, the safari zone, so be it, as long as it doesn't drastically change the world (no building a huge castle in the middle of the safari zone, or a giant mansion in pallet town)

3. The anime: This relates to point 1 as well, but there are things in the anime that I would like to include in this minecraft world. For example, samurai's cabin in the viridian forest, among other things.

4. Mods: I want to add mods to the game that make it more pokemon-like. There is a mod that adds pokemon to the game, so instead of sheep, pigs, cows, and chickens spawning everywhere, there will be rattatas, pidgeys, bulbasaurs, and oddishes. Either that, or we'll have an "official server texture pack" or something, so that the default mobs actually look like pokemon

Is certainly more pokemon-ish than

of course, if we go the texture pack route instead of the mod route, some people playing won't get the pokemon-ish experience, but even so, we're going to put spawners in certain locations, to give it more of a pokemon feel. Creeper spawner in the power plant (the texture pack makes creepers into voltorbs) zombie and skelly spawner in rock tunnel (zombies are sandslash, skellies are cubone).

5. Other touches: Hopefully when 1.8 comes out, you can place NPCs somehow. So we'll have actual nurse joy's in the pokemon centers. Also, all inaccessible houses will become accessible and include a chest, furnace, crafting table, bed, etc, so people can move in and inhabit it. When 1.8 comes out, supposedly you can claim land, so people will be able to claim these houses as their own.

So, this sounds ambitious and all, and i'm not sure how many of these claims we'll be able to go through with, but feel free to contribute ideas or volunteer to help build, or just otherwise discuss this project. I want to make it still obviously minecraft, but with as many pokemon touches as possible. Now, maybe this still sounds unoriginal, and maybe it is, but it's something I want to do, and anyone can come help out. I'd like to keep the server private though, so don't go inviting everybody you know. I'm not sure when the server will be set up, but our friend is going to be hosting it. As far as mods, we're going to have flying enabled for the moderators, to make it easier to build, as well as have certain important buildings indestructable (no completely destroying lavender town) If you think of any other mods that should be added, post them here. As soon as the server goes up and it runs smoothly, we're going to begin work.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 08-15-2011 at 03:52 PM.

This sounds awesome, I have never played Minecraft surprisingly, but I'm going to eventually try it, so when I do get into it I hope to see this

Good luck!
    YNWA
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

I love to help if you wouldn't mind. I think it's a great idea.
    By the way, there's my sexy house !
    "Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Thank You Th3-devils-princess!^

Sounds like a great idea I love Pokemon and i've always wondered what it would be like to see everything though the eyes of your trainer, so yeah sounds good

Where can I download this pack?, It looks fun

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Sounds awesome, I'm surprised the others who have built the Pokemon worlds didn't think to up the scale to allow for more detail.

Good luck guys.

Sig by TheMangler

@synge: There's somebody who did johto at a 3:1 scale, but its pretty much still tile-by-tile and the paths are pretty much just empty.

@psychotray: I use the mob texture pack that can be found here

We created Pallet Town and the entrance to route 1. This is the entrance to route 1 from Pallet Town.

Yea, that's just a demo though, it's on the GF server. I'm not going to reveal the location though, cuz i don't want a bunch of people movin in to that area

Here's some overhead pics.

Thread Information