Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where are the Wii RPGs??

This is a bit of a rant but with the gaming generation growing rapidly, showing us more unique gaming experiences than I thought possible as a kid, why does it seem like Nintendo has left us RPG-gamers in the hands of portable gaming devices than releasing ground-breaking RPG titles to their home console? The Wii U is on the horizon with only hints of decent RPG titles from its predecessor. When I hear Xenoblade (similar to Xenosaga) and Pandora's Tower is being released in Europe and not the United States, it makes me wonder where Nintendo really holds its RPG-gamers.

The Last Story (featuring a FF creator and a FF composer) has actually recently required it's US trademark so hopefully I can expect a decent RPG to make me want the Wii console but is that enough? It's frustrating to see such a powerful name leave a heavy portion of gamers behind just to cater to casual gamers and family fun.

Does anyone know of any good RPGs from the Wii (other than that lame Dragon Quest game..) because I'd really like to have some hope in adding another console to my collection...

Most of the Wii RPG games are like watered down versions of other series. I heard the FF crystal chronicles game stunk. However, DS has a ton of RPGs so I don't think its that nintendo hates RPGs. You could always try Monster Hunter Tri, not exactly an rpg but...

The Crystal Chronicles game wasn't anything near what an RPG could have been but it was kind of similar to the first one. Monster Hunter Tri is a high consideration seeing as I do like the MH series but I'm still looking for actual RPG titles, which makes me buy a particular console. I don't know if hate is the word I'd use for it, but it seems to make they could have tried to cater a bit more to making good RPGs for it's home console than just the DS. The love being unique and innovative, I just wish they could have combined that with console-style RPGS. I own tons of RPGs for the portable but it just doesn't add up to the feel of playing an RPG on a tv ya'know? lol

Quote Originally Posted by mutilations View Post
    The Crystal Chronicles game wasn't anything near what an RPG could have been but it was kind of similar to the first one. Monster Hunter Tri is a high consideration seeing as I do like the MH series but I'm still looking for actual RPG titles, which makes me buy a particular console. I don't know if hate is the word I'd use for it, but it seems to make they could have tried to cater a bit more to making good RPGs for it's home console than just the DS. The love being unique and innovative, I just wish they could have combined that with console-style RPGS. I own tons of RPGs for the portable but it just doesn't add up to the feel of playing an RPG on a tv ya'know? lol
    yea I know what you mean. I loved rpgs on the PS1 and PS2, so when I got a PS3 in 2007, there weren't any good rpgs until like...2010. They were all on the 360. Now PS3 is taking over as the home of the RPGs this generation.

After a google search, here's what I found for Wii Rpg's or adventure games that an rpg fan may enjoy

Zelda: Twilight Princess \
    Muramasa: the demon blade
    Super Paper Mario
    Little King's Story
    Rune Factory: Frontier
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Arc Rise Fantasia
    Tales of Symphonia
    Valhalla Knights
    Sakura Wars
    Phantom Brave
    Shiren the Wanderer
    Baroque
    Monster Hunter Tri

Thanks for that list! Phantom Brave was released on PS2 way back when, and I think the same goes for Sakura Wars. Why they would remake the fail of a game call Baroque, I will never know. And second Tales of Symphonia? That might actually be worth it too. I love lists, this should help a bit and I can now find specific reviews.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be released in 2 days. Except for that there is:
    Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

@EpsilonX:
    Twillight Princess is an action adventure in my opinion
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Down a strategy game, so I heared.

I still think the Crystal Chronicle series is not an rpg. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mordry View Post
    Xenoblade Chronicles will be released in 2 days. Except for that there is:
    Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

@EpsilonX:
    Twillight Princess is an action adventure in my opinion
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Down a strategy game, so I heared.
    I said "and adventure games that the rpg fan may enjoy" or whatever. and Fire emblem is like a strategy rpg, like final fantasy tactics.

Xenoblade Chronicles is getting fantastic reviews and looks like a game I'd dust my Wii off for, but it's still not confirmed for NA :|.

Sig by TheMangler

Well, I got Xenoblade Chronicles 3 days ago and I'm just... fascinated. I love that game, it have a great story, 50-100 hours of playtime, a very interesting fighting system and normal gameplay and it just don't get boring. If you can: Buy that game from UK, it's totally worth it!

Thread Information