Default Project64 - Nintendo 64 Emulator!

So basically, it's a program that plays games that came out for N64 on your PC!
    I am currently playing Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
    But, sadly, you need to become a member and pay for it.
    But, it is REALLY worth it.
    Just thought you should all check it out, all the games are at the website, those also cost some money.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 08-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Or you can buy a N64 for like 10$ at a used game store and pick up a slew of games around the same price or less. XD Nah, I understand the need for emulators but I don't like them. Sure, people can argue that consoles can break at times and that's true but computers can do the same.. I just love the feeling of being able to turn the power on an old console and watch it play like time didn't even affect it. I got my SNES hooked up to my HD tv and am currently playing Zelda: A Link to the Past.. such a wonderful feeling. ^^

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

Quote Originally Posted by mutilations View Post
    Or you can buy a N64 for like 10$ at a used game store and pick up a slew of games around the same price or less. XD Nah, I understand the need for emulators but I don't like them. Sure, people can argue that consoles can break at times and that's true but computers can do the same.. I just love the feeling of being able to turn the power on an old console and watch it play like time didn't even affect it. I got my SNES hooked up to my HD tv and am currently playing Zelda: A Link to the Past.. such a wonderful feeling. ^^
    Plus this allows modding, in game, increased graphics and the ease of using a keyboard.

Emulators are illegal. Link removed. If you can prove otherwise, feel free to do so.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Emulators are illegal. Link removed. If you can prove otherwise, feel free to do so.
    Well, for Nintendo, the Emulator IS legal.
    And I just found out the ROMs are not given on the site.
    ROMs for Nintendo ARE illegal, but the link provided was.
    But obviously, it is no good without the ROMs, so let's just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Well, for Nintendo, the Emulator IS legal.
    And I just found out the ROMs are not given on the site.
    ROMs for Nintendo ARE illegal, but the link provided was.
    But obviously, it is no good without the ROMs, so let's just leave it at that.
    People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?

The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner. In addition, the assumption that the games involved are vintage or nostalgia games is incorrect. Nintendo is famous for bringing back to life its popular characters for its newer systems, for example, Mario and Donkey Kong have enjoyed their adventures on all Nintendo platforms, going from coin-op machines to our latest hardware platforms. As a copyright owner, and creator of such famous characters, only Nintendo has the right to benefit from such valuable assets.

Isn't it Okay to Download Nintendo ROMs for Games that are No Longer Distributed in the Stores or Commercially Exploited? Aren't They Considered "Public Domain"?

No, the current availability of a game in stores is irrelevant as to its copyright status. Copyrights do not enter the public domain just because they are no longer commercially exploited or widely available. Therefore, the copyrights of games are valid even if the games are not found on store shelves, and using, copying and/or distributing those games is a copyright infringement.

Haven't the Copyrights for Old Games Expired?

U.S. copyright laws state that copyrights owned by corporations are valid for 75 years from the date of first publication. Because video games have been around for less than three decades, the copyrights of all video games will not expire for many decades to come.

Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.

ROMs are illegal. Emulators are illegal. Says Nintendo. Here's the link to their page about everything you need to know emulator/ROM wise with Nintendo.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

I've used them in the past myself, but they were still illegal then too. Closest I can say is that the ROMs will be legal when the copyrights expire...75 years after they were filed. So after 60-70 years, you can post the links here as much as you want xD

I actually have a N64 hooked up and playable. Although I don't know where my memory card went...
    But yeah not a big fan of Emulators.
    And anyone can find this information by doing a search, and probably find a free one... If you like doing illegal things.

ROFLBRYCE, it never said an emulator was illegal.
    ROMs are, and game copiers are.

Thread Information