Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    Which Call Of Duty games have zombies in them? Is it only Black Ops that have zombies in it?
    black ops and world at war but i only have black ops so you wouldn't get to play with me but WaW is cheaper now but also not near as many possible maps.

wow there really aren't a lot of horror games on the ps3 which is odd it has a nice selection of pretty much every other genre besides shmup.

heres a few for you though
    Resident Evil 5 (while it seems to have taken a completely different direction to what resident evil should be in my opinion its still a high budget zombish game)

Siren: Blood Curse
    This one i haven't played but it looks like a pretty solid title something i wouldn't mind picking up myself if i come across it.

Dead space
    amazing survival horror theres currently 1 and 2 released on ps3 its well worth looking into this game.

Silent Hill : homecoming
    heres another game i haven't played but looks like its worth picking up

those titles aside if you just like the setting of demons and Gothic style scenery then you should really check out a couple other games ill list bellow.

Bayonetta
    This is an over the top action game in the same vein as devil may cry and god of war your battling angels as a witch from hell despite fighting angels they are rather warped and twisted its worth at least watching some youtube videos on

the last is the classic series Devil may cry.
    on the ps3 you can get number 4 which is a solid action game with a great Gothic/horror style to it, its never scary but its still quite fun.

hopefully you get something out of this post enjoy your ps3.

I agree with NumberedEyes Bayonetta Is a great game, I am about to go and buy it so if you want a play test just ask also Devil May Cry is a great game series though I think only Devil May Cry 4 is on PS3.. Also are you getting a FAT or a Slim PS3? As I would recommend a FAT as I think they are Backwards compatible

Quote Originally Posted by NumberedEyes View Post
    wow there really aren't a lot of horror games on the ps3 which is odd it has a nice selection of pretty much every other genre besides shmup.

heres a few for you though
    Resident Evil 5 (while it seems to have taken a completely different direction to what resident evil should be in my opinion its still a high budget zombish game)

Siren: Blood Curse
    This one i haven't played but it looks like a pretty solid title something i wouldn't mind picking up myself if i come across it.

Dead space
    amazing survival horror theres currently 1 and 2 released on ps3 its well worth looking into this game.

Silent Hill : homecoming
    heres another game i haven't played but looks like its worth picking up

those titles aside if you just like the setting of demons and Gothic style scenery then you should really check out a couple other games ill list bellow.

Bayonetta
    This is an over the top action game in the same vein as devil may cry and god of war your battling angels as a witch from hell despite fighting angels they are rather warped and twisted its worth at least watching some youtube videos on

the last is the classic series Devil may cry.
    on the ps3 you can get number 4 which is a solid action game with a great Gothic/horror style to it, its never scary but its still quite fun.

hopefully you get something out of this post enjoy your ps3.
    Im definitely looking forward to getting Siren: Blood Curse, I have played Forbidden Siren 2 on Ps2 and it was epic. And I'll check out Bayonetta just to see if its decent and worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by BBloodstain View Post
    I agree with NumberedEyes Bayonetta Is a great game, I am about to go and buy it so if you want a play test just ask also Devil May Cry is a great game series though I think only Devil May Cry 4 is on PS3.. Also are you getting a FAT or a Slim PS3? As I would recommend a FAT as I think they are Backwards compatible
    Im getting a FAT one im pretty sure, but what's Backwards Compatible mean?

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

the first run of playstation 3s allowed you to play ps1 ps2 and ps3 games on them soon after they re released the system and took this backwards compatability out of the system you may be able to still play ps1 games but no more emotion engine (ps2).

i believe the one you want is the 60gig model ether way ps2's arnt very expencive.

Demon's Souls. A must try for it's complete uniqueness if anything. Difficult game but once you beat your first boss-type monster, you feel pretty accomplished. Great multiplayer, you can have two soul-formed friends to help you or you can invade someone's game and cause complete chaos. This I say because Dark Souls is coming in October and it looks even more amazing. Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive.

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotray View Post
    Im definitely looking forward to getting Siren: Blood Curse, I have played Forbidden Siren 2 on Ps2 and it was epic. And I'll check out Bayonetta just to see if its decent and worth buying.

Im getting a FAT one im pretty sure, but what's Backwards Compatible mean?
    Backwards compatible means you can play PS2 and PS1 games... but as I think they removed that feature, but you can still play PS1 games on it The reason they removed it from the PS3 I cannot be sure, also Playing PS1 games on it is considerably harder as you can only use the D-Pad, Well All the games I've tried to play are -.- But good luck with you PS3 and Add me on PSNetwork when you get it, I'm always up for kicking your ass at CoD

Quote Originally Posted by NumberedEyes View Post
    the first run of playstation 3s allowed you to play ps1 ps2 and ps3 games on them soon after they re released the system and took this backwards compatability out of the system you may be able to still play ps1 games but no more emotion engine (ps2).

i believe the one you want is the 60gig model ether way ps2's arnt very expencive.
    You are correct- 60 gig is the only one that is technically backwards compatible. However, on PSN there is a patch to make all PS3's backwards compatible- except the 40 gig, which makes no sense to me? Actually, the whole situation makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. And of course the one we have is a 40 gig... so the question for us now is to get another PS3 or buy an old PS2 so I can finally play Gauntlet *nerdrage*

Apparently you can only get the PS2 Data patch in Japan and America I think, I can't seem to find it in my PSStore

Thats very possible... ALSO, the patch doesn't necessarily work for ALL PS2 games- just most. Wiki has an article on which ones are and arent backwards compatible.

Thread Information