Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Thread

Default Pokemon Thread

Well we are fast approaching the 15th anniversary of the Pokemon series. So I wanted to start up a Pokemon discussion thread I would like to open this thread with this question what was your first Pokemon card mine was a Magmar I got it all the way back in 1997

My first ever booster pack I got was when I was 4 in 1998. I got a Venusaur holographic, right on the top of the deck. I traded it away sadly for roughly 250 cards, most of them being Charmander and energy cards to my dismay. I never asked for cards after that I was so sad, I just stuck to the games lol.

I still miss it D:

Mine was the premium Mewtwo card that came with 'Pokemon: the Movie' back in... I don't know. Since I was maybe, three or four, I ripped it up. X) I started my love for Pokemon at a young age after seeing my dad's friend's daughter play it on her Gameboy Color. Then I was hooked. My mom bought me Pokemon Yellow at four. Silly me, I broke it. Then I learned not to destroy my Pokemon things by age six when I got LeafGreen. The age when I remember very clearly, coming across a Shiny Chansey in the Safari Zone. In which I threw (was it a rock or mud) at it and it ran away. Never saw a shiny in any game of mine in any version since then. About... Nine years ago. -_-' I'm much better at Pokemon by now, and Happy Almost Fifteenth Anniversary, Pokemon! ^_^
    ♫ Mυsιc Bαbe ♪ Rσcker Chιck ♪ Vισlιηιst ♫
    /»/Soldier of the HU and BVB Armies\«\
    \\m// SLEEPING WITH SIRENS \\m//
    ❤~07/17/11~❤

May favourite Card has to be, "Blaine's Growlithe" That I got when I was about 5 or 6, I still have the card, It's like under all of my other Pokemon stuff so it doesn't get damaged haha

It actually has your name on it? Mm, I do think there was a character in the original show named Blaine, but I can't be so sure. It's still pretty amazing though, I can only wish a Pokemon card had my name on it. Wish any item at all had 'Yasmine' on it. Heh, at least I know my name's unique. P:

My favorite card would have to be: 'exTeam Rocket Returns' Dark Tyranitar; Rare. Made in 2004 and it still looks like the shinest and newest thing ever with reflective stars. My crush in fourth grade that gave me that very card, said he would give it to me if I let him have my 96-count box of crayola crayons. I said, 'Be my boyfriend for a day, too, and you have a deal!' Then he was like, 'I don't like you, no way. It's not even fair.' Then I got upset, stabbed him in the arm with my mechanical pencil that was in my pocket and ripped his skin, stole the card out of his little ten-year-old hands, and kicked him where the sun don't shine. ^_^ Teehee~ Didn't even get in trouble cause we were out at 'recess' and I had ran away to admire the card before a teacher had even noticed him withering on the cement with a bleeding arm.
    ❤~07/17/11~❤

There was a Gym leader named Blaine for the original series, I believe he was a Fire Gym leader

Oh right! That would be correct. The Fire Gym Leader at the Cinnabar Gym. He was all old and had a mustache. *Shudder* It's still cool though. (:
    ❤~07/17/11~❤

I think I may have had cards prior, but I remember my first starter deck was this water one that came with a Gyrados, and my first pack I got a 1st edition holo Kabutops

my first card was a charmander, back in 2000 when pokemon went big in the UK...i still have all my cards in mint condition

well I hate to bring up this topic but I would really like to hear your opinion on this one there has been some buzz lately that pokemon will end with Ash coming out of a coma one that he sustained in the very first episode from the bicycle accident and that all the adventures he has been on were all a dream and that Misty,Brock and all his friends never existed inside the show what are your opinions on this and if you don't believe me here is a link to the article where I read this

http://cartoonoveranalyzations.com/2...mon-explained/

Thread Information