Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default .hack// Infection

.hack infection part 1 of the first set of ps2 titles.

I threw this in and played it for a good 2 hours but ive found that i just cant get past the combat in this game its way to sluggish for me graphicly its fine its just the way combat plays out.

has anyone here played these games? does it pick up in the later titles i have 1 3 and 4 but never put the other discs in.

I've played all 7. It's somewhat the same throughout. It can be annoying at times, but it's definitely worth it to play through it.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Thanks for the reply Valken, ill try to put in a bit more time im definatly a fan of concept of the game.

another thing you mentioned you played all 7 so i assume your talking about the GU games would you say they are an improvment over the original 4? i remember seeing a trailer for these back in the day and being taken back by the cell shading

Quote Originally Posted by NumberedEyes View Post
    Thanks for the reply Valken, ill try to put in a bit more time im definatly a fan of concept of the game.

another thing you mentioned you played all 7 so i assume your talking about the GU games would you say they are an improvment over the original 4? i remember seeing a trailer for these back in the day and being taken back by the cell shading
    Indeed I am. I actually kind of preferred them to the original. The combat is better, the way that they have everything structured and the way they lay it out is rather nice. (Mind you, in GU it's technically The World ver. 2 so expect a number of changes.)

I still really enjoy the way they look even to this day (and the last one game out in.. 2008?)

I'd definitely recommend them.

Ah, hell. Now I want to play them again. :P

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

lol good stuff!!! you have got me motivated to give them more time. ill have to track down the GU games as well as mutation i dont want to jump from 1 to 3.

Im not quite sure how im going to swing playing the GU games it seems they didnt get a pal release -.- this is going to be anoying.

Thank you for this thread too. Maybe if you could shed a bit of light on the gameplay and all, I'd like to try out the .Hack games. They've been on numerous shelves in used game stores and I like the anime.. RPG, Action RPG? What would you consider it?

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

the dot hack games are a simulated MMORPG, you play a person who just signs up to play this new MMO called the world.

so you start off on your computers desktop where you have access to internet news sites and what not (this is is just for a bit of reading) you can click on the icon to boot up the game.

once the game starts up you can access the game forums which acts as a reading resource for learning different elements of the game but it also uses the boards to move the plot along at some points (im only a few hours in myself so i dont know how much these are used later on)

combat plays out in real time think kingdom hearts meets valkyrie profile or star ocean it (that may not be a good comparason but im sure there are youtube vids out there)
    i find the combat to be a bit slow atm but im hoping it will speed up as time goes on or it will just grow on me.

theres a lot more to this game obviously but its a very unique premise for an RPG so if anything its worth checking out just to see how they manage to present such an odd thing.

hopfully you can understand what im saying >.> im a bit of a mess when it comes to explaining things.

Speaking RPG language, I understood it all. Thanks!

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

iv played most i believe i stopped at hack//outbreak but either way it goes all have mostly the same battle features and gameplay is slow gamespot only offered these series 7.5's and average ratings becuz of that fact

I totally forgot about these games! Was a really good series... def need to dig some out and replay them

Thread Information