Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm glad you posted that reddit through in here, ROFLBYRCE - it's the first evidence of a real Dominion meta setting in that we have outside of the general LoL forums I don't completely agree with the roles he defines for the game but he's well onto inciting deeper thought about the new type of gameplay on the map!

Dominion is a lot of fun but there are serious champion balance issues with the map since all the champion's kits were designed and created for a different game entirely - the one that happens on Summoner's Rift. For casual, shorter, fact-paced, action-packed gameplay, Dominion is great. It just doesn't lend itself as well to deeper, competitive play because of the blatantly over-powered champions. It's really sad when you can recognize that your champion is outclassed in every way by another because of the different types of objectives you have to fill out on the new map

The champ inbalance isn't THAT bad, though, and the game is still completely playable. The map aura that adjusts everyone's stats and new dominion items make ideal item builds completely different for many champions. Many will still perform well with builds similar to their SR or TT counterparts, but Riot really did manage to make a completely different game with the same champions and game engine.

Dominion is absolutely conceived in the same mindset that created the very creative DotA mod for WC3... Guinsoo is still hard at work and he's only gotten better at what he does since he's gotten a whole team of equally powerful and inspired minds to work with. Riot's set a good bar with Dominion and promised a great direction for LoL to grow in - I hope they keep it up!
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

I haven't played too many dominion games. It makes my computer lag. I could understand some of the characters being imbalanced. Akali with her smokebomb seems like quite the champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    I haven't played too many dominion games. It makes my computer lag. I could understand some of the characters being imbalanced. Akali with her smokebomb seems like quite the champion.
    her smoke bomb is great and deserves mention, but her inescapable chase and unrivaled burst damage are to die for. Like, they'll kill you and you'll die from it and many champions can't really do anything about it but be completely out zoned and live under their turret and pee themselves when an enemy with Garrison shows up XD
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thread Information