Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 3DS, or not to be?

Im not exactly sure if this is the right place to put this, it sounds about right correct me if im wrong.

Anyways I just scored a new job *self applaud*, and considering my first paycheck will be a considerable amount, i'm really thinking about getting a 3ds along with ocarina of time. Im just wondering what you all think of the 3ds and if its worth the money. i could really use some insight on this situation. Thanks in advance!

I got a free 3DS, Found one at burger king when I was shoping at BJs . Its a great hand held console great graphics and they have some good games for it. But personally I don't play it too much but if I where you I would def. get one just because its 3d and the graphics are really nice for a handheld 3d device.

I have the 3ds along with ocarina of time. I would have to say it is the best zelda game for any hand held device that I've played. The controls and camera angles don't get in the way of the actual game play like previous models did for me. I personally don't really use the 3d effects on zelda, after playing for an hour so it gives me a head ache. The game is just as good without the 3d though.

The system comes with a few 3d mini arcade games which really show off the 3d capability. You put a card that comes with the system down on the table and the 3ds detects the card and basically turns the environment into a game. It blew my mind the first time I played it.

The main reason I bought the 3ds was to play zelda and so far it was worth it. I haven't tried any other titles on it except pokemon, but it's just a regular DS game. A flaw of it is that it seems to die in just a few hours if you have the wifi and 3d on. Other than that and the headaches from the 3d effect I haven't had a problem with it. Not bad for the first 3d handheld.

Mine arrived today and the Ocarina of Time. Worth every penny. I also have Starfox 64 another great game from the N64. The graphics are fantastic, sounds good and is a good playing experiance. It wont take the place of my PS3 but I wil be getting some more games for it.

Nothing could ever take the place of my Ps3 (this gen anyways) but so far it looks like im getting one, im also looking to pick up a few regular Ds games i missed out on. any games you guys can think of?

Really depends on what you're into. I have a lot of puzzle games for my DS, also some of the regulars like Mario and Zelda and I bought a couple of the Harry Potters and a couple of Lego games.

I'm not going overboard on the 3DS but will get Donkey Kong, Mario and a couple of the Lego's (I like lego games for a bit of gentle gameplay, much better on the PS3 as that I my prefered machine).

Not sure if you've already gotten a 3DS or not but if you're still deciding, GET ONE! OoT for it is amazing. Much better than on the 64 or the Gamecube, to be honest. The graphics and controls are great. You'll love it. And as for regular DS games, definitely get the LoZ games for it if you like LoZ. Also try New Super Mario Bros. I found it very entertaining and true-to-form. Let me think... what else was fun on there.... Oh! Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem was also fun! And Mario Kart DS. They made some Tetris games for it too which were fun. (if you enjoy tetris that is! haha)

Anywho, those are my suggestions! But def get a 3DS if for no other reason than to play Ocarina of Time: 3D! Totally worth it.
    ..would you kill to save a life?

Quote Originally Posted by ReMiXeDg View Post
    I got a free 3DS, Found one at burger king when I was shoping at BJs . Its a great hand held console great graphics and they have some good games for it. But personally I don't play it too much but if I where you I would def. get one just because its 3d and the graphics are really nice for a handheld 3d device.
    and the honourable thing to do would be?...LOL a friend of mine found a mobile phone in JD Sports....CHA-CHING

I want a 3ds.. so.. I say get it hahaa

Games | Nintendo 3DS Games
    That site has a list of all the games that are out and coming out. Should help ya decide. <:
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

If you're into the soppy games(which I am), I bought one of the pet dog+cats games. Now I'm the proud owner of a french bulldog pup! In 3D he looks really cool, though it feels strange talking to my machine It certainly I game I would sugesty to any 3D owner

Thread Information