View Poll Results: Should we have a YouTube channel?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

10 58.82%
  • No way

2 11.76%
  • Wheres that other option that has absolutely nothing to do with the poll?

5 29.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think the only issue with this is recording software. For the PC gamers, most of you guys have decent PC's. I know there's some of us that don't though, so screen-cap software like HyperCam and FRAPS are totally out of the question.

For the console games, I don't know who all has got capture cards.

For the alternative, there's digital cameras and camcorders, but I don't know who all has one. I like the idea of the channel, and it would be sweet to see games from others perspectives. I know I'd be stuck recording with a digicam if I ever wanted to try, but I won't complain if it's what others have to do too.

Only problem with the camcorders and such is the quality. You could capture high quality footage on it if its nice enough, but then you still have sound problems usually. All fixable with sound editing programs if you're going to provide commentary only. Not all of our members are going to contribute or are going to be able to (wish they could though) but I'm sure we can squeeze a few videos out.

IDEA!!!

How about we make a big collaboration channel(like Machinima or The Gaming Station)? What this means is that there is a central channel with links to our own personal channels. Everyone with a gaming related youtube channel can join so long as they are active on this forum.

On the central channel (GamersForum works) we could upload the most viewed videos of all our members and some big co-op groups.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Akatosh; 10-16-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

I find this interesting... at first, yeah, where's the youtube for this forum? maybe its hidden, I thought thats what it was. but I guess not, now that you bring it up

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    IDEA!!!

How about we make a big collaboration channel(like Machinima or The Gaming Station)? What this means is that there is a central channel with links to our own personal channels. Everyone with a gaming related youtube channel can join so long as they are active on this forum.

On the central channel (GamersForum works) we could upload the most viewed videos of all our members and some big co-op groups.

What do you think?
    It'll take a while to jump to that level, but that's one of the ideas I had as well. And they have a system set up that I haven't figured out yet from the backend.

For our channel to gain popularity, the videos have to be uploaded to the main account - we have to figure out a way to screen submitted videos before publishing.

I have more in my head, but I had a long day, might spit them out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    I find this interesting... at first, yeah, where's the youtube for this forum? maybe its hidden, I thought thats what it was. but I guess not, now that you bring it up
    Our old Gmod (Eric) was working on the GF channel, it's not hidden but he forgot the password and lost the email, can't seem to get it back. I'll create a new one soon.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

The central channel could just favorite videos instead of upload them!
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    The central channel could just favorite videos instead of upload them!
    Yeah that's one way, but then that's not how a channel would grow. You'd need to have the content on that channel to drive visitors and interest.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yeah we could favorite some videos and such but we would need to have our own videos and such. Looks like theres a member who wouldn't mind submitting videos . We could just have our members submit game vids, reviews, walkthroughs etc. Then we could have some mods filter out the rotten videos and such.

I Have an Idea. though I'm not sure that it's been suggested yet or not. but How about we have something like the SOTW but with Youtube videos... Like every week there is a theme. then People have to make a Video about that theme, and the winner gets uploaded on the GF Youtube account.

Like I said. Just an Idea. But I have to admit I do like the sound of it

Then, how bout a new role such as Youtuber.

Thread Information