Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Better RPG than WOW?

After playing wow for a couple years i can't help but notice it has become way to dumb down..... There is no challenge anymore. It is like the game is set to let you win...... Whats the fun in that?

Anyways

What i am getting to is, is there any other game that is similar to wow ( i love their system) but more challenging?

The levelling system is dumbed down a lot since Vanilla, but it's only to get players to 85. After that, battlegrounds have been dumbed down a bit too and simplified. I miss 1-4 hour AV struggles. There's still a ton of challenge in the raiding though. You should get in on it before you totally give up on WoW.

There's not a lot of games that can really compare, though. Guild Wars is supposed to be great, and Guild Wars 2 coming out (soon if it isn't already) is supposed to be even greater. I haven't had any luck in any free to play games, they all feel like a cheap version of WoW. The only free WoW "clone" I haven't tried though is Runes of Magic, which actually looks pretty good. Give that one a shot.

There are plenty of RPGs better than WoW, but similar and better? Hmm, I dunno. I think WoW is pretty much the best at what it does.

It's not too similar but as Bryce said you could try Guild Wars 2 when it comes out.. it's looking awesome, and you'll only have to pay once; You buy the game and that's it, no subscription fees.

Sig by TheMangler

I myself think rift is a pretty cool game. Only played the trial version but it seemed to be more in depth with some features and made playing with other people really easy. The common zone events were always super fun to join in. I played guild wars for a month or two then lost interest. It seemed like a flashier less involving WoW. Dungeons and dragons online is a really fun one. The abilities for all of the fighters are kind of useless and if you're tanking you're pretty much unkillable, but the style is nicer in my opinion and its free (well the free stuff at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Diefer12 View Post
    After playing wow for a couple years i can't help but notice it has become way to dumb down..... There is no challenge anymore. It is like the game is set to let you win...... Whats the fun in that?

Anyways

What i am getting to is, is there any other game that is similar to wow ( i love their system) but more challenging?
    I couldn't agree with you more. I also played for years and just quit recently because of how much they've dumbed it down. Its very obvious they are now in it soley for money and attempting very hard to cater to casual gamers, which is reallyyyy frustrating. They've redone everything about the game that made it challenging. You now no longer have to use you're brain to plan your character out, you just pop points in and that's that. Makes me a sad panda

As for other games *like* WoW... the closest I know of is RIFT. Which is pretty fun... or you could go old school and try some Diablo 2 xD

I did play World of Warcraft before but the one that are closest of that game is Rift, Runes of Magic & Aion.
    But my opionen it's not my type of games, I prefer more anime style looking games like Dragon Nest, Lucent Heart, Lime Odyssey (Similiar to RO).
    But of course there is many more games I'm looking forward like Diable III, Guild Wars 2, Tera Online & Blade & Soul

It's going to take a while till Blade & Soul going to be release since the korean version have not been in open beta yet
    Last edited by Blackbird; 10-12-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

You can always try Conquer Online. Its kinda like Wow, just not all that advanced in graphics, but its still pretty awesome.

Anyone still on Evercrack?

Conquer Online sucks and it doesn't look like World of Warcraft at all, better wait for Diablo III lol

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Current: Diablo 2 (old skool) and Rift (perhaps Guild Wars)

Wait for: Guild wars 2 and Diablo 3! : D
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Thread Information