Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: As3

game, where you play as a zombie and you kill humans, top-down view

RWARZ

"I'm tired of "free style" themes,
    because then JuCi does some crazy abstract crap and everyone's wowed"

Sounds cool! Could you make it available for us to play when it's ready? I enjoy playing zombie games.

sure if you would like, its really low tech and not very good but :PP hey if you wanna play then sure, i plan to make a new one, probably starting next week. this game was my first ever in AS and first time learning and doing AS too, soo i sucked so bad in the beginning, but now since i know what to do, i could make a way better game and make it way more generalized and effiecient

i plan to make a platformish game, where you play as a main character, probably choose able, and you go through the platforms killing monsters and then at the end, facing a boss or soo, or making a game like final fantasy tactics, where you have characters and you can move them around up,down,left,right a couple of squares and attack enemies :P

RWARZ

Great!
    I want to play it for sure. Did you use any library to calculate the axis in the Cartesian coordinate system of the Flash? By library I mean TweenMax/TweenLite...
    Which are the other programming languages you have written a game in?
    Last edited by Zombie47; 12-01-2011 at 08:48 PM.

cartesian coordinate system of the flash??
    nahh, and its a not that intense of a game, it has some good sources of code that we wrote, but in the level of complexity in the actual game play its not too much, just the basics that all games must have to be called an actual "game"

umm well i know some c,java,lua, and now as, but the only language that i have actually made a homemade game from is AS, from scratch. I did WoW servers with LUA and c++, and RS and MS with some java too but not much more
    im majoring in it, for college, i really love doing it, just dont know the languages yet, just the basics

would you want to work on the game im making with me? i dont know how exactly we will collab on it, but we could if you would want too :P SVN or something, or just transfer files
    Last edited by Juicyz; 12-01-2011 at 09:58 PM.

RWARZ

If there's any DisplayObject moving on the stage in your game, you used the cartesian coordinate system. Actually, the Cartesian Coordinate in Flash is a basic concept for moving things by either code or timeline.

It's nice to see you have some acquaintance with the programming languages most used for game development.God of War 3 was made in C++. Lua is a great scripting language, created here in Brazil, btw. And Java... is java. lol

It would be great to join you in making a game. I'm not that good at animating or designing. To start with, we could write the engine. I mean the game's physics if there'll be any. The level system. The artificial intelligence of the NPCs, those stuff...

What do you think?

This may seem off topic but have any of you played the starcraft custom game Mage arena (or something like that)? I think it would be cool to create a game like that. And you'd get a chance to work on making a multiplayer game.

ohh yah i looked it up and the coord system seemed really really easy and i was like hmm, it must be something else :P but yahh i use code to move things, i dont code on timelines at all, way of the old and yahh with my major, i want to go into game development soo i can do some designing im okay with photoshop :P and yah sure

and i kinda already started with the engine, i made a really basic map so far, just the ground, character can move right and left, added a square enemy that doesnt do anything yet, but just cause, then i got our character to shoot, but trying to get it to shoot towards the crosshair, i think im only using sin and cos, and not dividing them yet, to find the tan, so i need to do that, and yahh the game :P

and never heard of it crae, ill look it up or something!
    edit: its called MageCraft? i think? and your a mage and you just blast things away when they come at you?
    Last edited by Juicyz; 12-02-2011 at 12:59 PM.

RWARZ

Great, Juicyz!
    So we've got a base. Are you using AS3?
    Let's keep up the details and the files transferring in an IM like gtalk or messenger? Do you use gtalk?

I have also never heard of it creaSC111. It seems interesting, I'll check it out. Multiplayer game is a great choice to reach a lot and diferent kind of gamers!

yes its in as3, hahaha, and umm no i dont use gtalk, but i can get one, you can use it if you have a gmail right?

got one, my gmail is mtong1214@gmail.com
    Last edited by Juicyz; 12-03-2011 at 03:16 PM.

RWARZ

Thread Information