• yes

5 29.41%
  • no

5 29.41%
  • is murder an option?

8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Most technical support people don't need to know anything to get hired. They're just there to give the appearance of "we're here to support you anytime <': we <3 you".

I lol'd at the sp2 suggestion.

lmao Mizel, that's classic.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    Most technical support people don't need to know anything to get hired. They're just there to give the appearance of "we're here to support you anytime <': we <3 you".

I lol'd at the sp2 suggestion.

lmao Mizel, that's classic.
    Lol In my defense, I had just reformatted my computer so none of my stuff was saved any more :P

My fiancé works as tech support, and some of the horror stories I hear from him… him: “Ok, I want you to open the Start Menu”.... user: “What’s a Start Menu?”…. Id fkn hang up lol I dunno how he handles it >_<

lmao I wish there was an option with tech support where you could press 1 and it would mean "Yeah I already restarted all the **** and I am competent with computers."
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

That is such a good idea!! lol Normally that’s the very first thing I tell them xD

I don't think he should be fired. If I was that representative I would of said hold on sir, I don't know the answer so let me find someone who does.

Maybe a citation would be reasonable but I can't get mad at someone for not knowing the answer. I would just do the best I could and stay with them until they can play the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post

My fiancé works as tech support, and some of the horror stories I hear from him… him: “Ok, I want you to open the Start Menu”.... user: “What’s a Start Menu?”…. Id fkn hang up lol I dunno how he handles it >_<

Maybe I could work as that, Im used to stupid questions. But then they come from the parents witch know nothing about what I am doing, sometimes I just looses it and laugh out loud when I hear my mom being so stupid with computers(even more when she has worked with computers over 10 years now).

But yeah we who are used to computers should have our own support so we can really get help and not being asked questions like "have you reinstalled the game(If you are used to games that is obvious)"

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Maybe I could work as that, Im used to stupid questions. But then they come from the parents witch know nothing about what I am doing, sometimes I just looses it and laugh out loud when I hear my mom being so stupid with computers(even more when she has worked with computers over 10 years now).

But yeah we who are used to computers should have our own support so we can really get help and not being asked questions like "have you reinstalled the game(If you are used to games that is obvious)"
    Being someone who works for the general public, you have to understand people doing customer support have the same type of threads being made and posted around the office and laughed at.
    They think we're all just as stupid as they think we are. Most of the time you need to understand, the fix is something minor that is usually overlooked or just not thought of by the complainant. It's not their fault that their first question is, have you re-installed? I can't imagine how many people calling in haven't done this or refuse to because of how much time it would take only to find out it's what fixed their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post

Lol That'd be sweet! I could never do support. I just don’t have the patience... like for my family, I can handle... but only so much. Id def never be able to handle the public >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Kink3bird View Post
    Being someone who works for the general public, you have to understand people doing customer support have the same type of threads being made and posted around the office and laughed at.
    They think we're all just as stupid as they think we are. Most of the time you need to understand, the fix is something minor that is usually overlooked or just not thought of by the complainant. It's not their fault that their first question is, have you re-installed? I can't imagine how many people calling in haven't done this or refuse to because of how much time it would take only to find out it's what fixed their problem.
    I don’t think were saying it's the tech's fault they have to ask those questions. Small things are def easily overlooked, and when I call I always expect their first question or suggestion to be reboot or something similar. It's just really annoying when you *know* what the first few troubleshooting steps are and you still have to go through them, even though you already have.... which is why a line for people that know what to expect and have already started the troubleshooting process would be pro.

But yea, you're totally right about people calling in that refuse to do the steps that end up fixing the problem. Or the callers that tell the tech people they are doing it wrong, or yadda yadda... its ridiculous and that’s the exact reason I could never handle it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Lol That'd be sweet! I could never do support. I just don’t have the patience... like for my family, I can handle... but only so much. Id def never be able to handle the public >_<

I don’t think were saying it's the tech's fault they have to ask those questions. Small things are def easily overlooked, and when I call I always expect their first question or suggestion to be reboot or something similar. It's just really annoying when you *know* what the first few troubleshooting steps are and you still have to go through them, even though you already have.... which is why a line for people that know what to expect and have already started the troubleshooting process would be pro.

But yea, you're totally right about people calling in that refuse to do the steps that end up fixing the problem. Or the callers that tell the tech people they are doing it wrong, or yadda yadda... its ridiculous and that’s the exact reason I could never handle it :P

When you call for help it should come an automatic message(or something) "Are you sure you have reinstalled the game blah blah blah blah"

Would be perfect! lol

Press 1 if…. you know what a start menu is
    Press 2 if…. you’ve rebooted
    Press 3 if…. you’ve reinstalled

Im expecially hating tech support right now since Verizon sent me 2 phones in a row that weren’t working. The second one, the screen didn’t even turn on when the phone booted and they guy still wanted to me to do troubleshooting steps… on a phone that wouldn’t even fkn turn on properly So there’s def a difference between necessary troubleshooting and douchebag companies just trying to save money. *grrrr ramble nerdrage* Okay, that’s my rant of the day

Thread Information