Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Synge's Small MC Server

So I set up a server around a week ago, initially it was gonna be more private but seeing as Wicked's has been down for a while I decided I'd make it public :]

I went with a small one (max of 5 people on at a time) cause Wicked's usually averaged 3-4 people and almost never had 5+, so I saw no need for more spaces.

Anyone feel free to hop on, there's no whitelist but default roles can only walk around/explore, no building permissions. I'll modify your permissions after you've logged on.

Everyone is starting with a fresh slate, but you only get one strike; Grief and you'll be permabanned, and I'll be installing some anti-grief plugins so it would only be a waste of your time anyway ;]

Any questions, suggestions, whatever, just lemme know.

Edit: Meh, won't be renewing this server next month due to lack of interest on both my part and everyone elses'. I suspect we'll all be busy with Skyrim anyway :P
    Last edited by Synge; 11-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

Get world edit and world guard. I can tell you how to use it

I'll most likely install World Edit to use in projects, but as for anti-grief plugins, I'm leaning more towards LogBlock, which logs player actions and allows for rollback and such.

Sig by TheMangler

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    I'll most likely install World Edit to use in projects, but as for anti-grief plugins, I'm leaning more towards LogBlock, which logs player actions and allows for rollback and such.
    Was this on the old GF server as well? Also I'll need a whitelist whenever you're on. It hasn't worked for me yet, unless this one works differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Was this on the old GF server as well? Also I'll need a whitelist whenever you're on. It hasn't worked for me yet, unless this one works differently.
    I don't think so. As far as I know, the RG/GF server has never had an anti-grief plugin.

The whitelist was only in place during the 'testing stage'. I wiped everything and I'm updating permissions as people sign on, so I know who actually wants to play and I don't waste time adding people that won't be on. So you should have been able to log on, but not be able to build or anything. I've upped you to Builder status now though so you should be able to break blocks and such.

Sig by TheMangler

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    I don't think so. As far as I know, the RG/GF server has never had an anti-grief plugin.

The whitelist was only in place during the 'testing stage'. I wiped everything and I'm updating permissions as people sign on, so I know who actually wants to play and I don't waste time adding people that won't be on. So you should have been able to log on, but not be able to build or anything. I've upped you to Builder status now though so you should be able to break blocks and such.
    Alright, thanks man. I can't promise I'll be on a ton between travelling Wednesday Thursday, school in the mornings, working 37-39 1/2 hours a week (still considered part time cause it's less than 40...) and trying to get geared for WoW raids, but I'll try damnit!

World guard can help you with griefing problems. Stops players from destroying blocks

Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    World guard can help you with griefing problems. Stops players from destroying blocks
    Which is already in place right now with the ranking system...

And he can log who destroys what, so WorldGuard doesn't sound too needed atm

The ranking system stops you from destroying certain blocks? Well world guard stops people from destroying certain areas. Then you can also designate areas for certain players. Just a suggestions. Also world edit is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    The ranking system stops you from destroying certain blocks? Well world guard stops people from destroying certain areas. Then you can also designate areas for certain players. Just a suggestions. Also world edit is amazing.
    He can delegate who can build and destroy blocks though, and I think you can choose if you can both add on to other people's placed blocks, as well as choose if they have the power to destroy other's blocks. That way you can't greif anyone but yourself.

Thread Information