Default New 360 Dashboard Setup

It goes live on December 6th.
    Sorry if this is to minor for a thread, but I've been pretty impressed with Microsoft lately.

Last edited by Slay; 11-22-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Added Image

I like the layout of it a lot. I just wish I could connect to Live enough with my router as it is to enjoy it to it's fullest. No bing, Youtube, Netflix, Facebook or Marketplace without it :/

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I like the layout of it a lot. I just wish I could connect to Live enough with my router as it is to enjoy it to it's fullest. No bing, Youtube, Netflix, Facebook or Marketplace without it :/
    That stinks, but it's not anything you can't do a few feet away from your Xbox, or in my case, in the same spot.

I wonder if all those new features will require gold, hopefully not. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    That stinks, but it's not anything you can't do a few feet away from your Xbox, or in my case, in the same spot.

I wonder if all those new features will require gold, hopefully not. :P
    True, but I like using them on Xbox too. I pay for them on there, not on my computer haha.

YouTube, Bing, and Skype are the only new features added aren't they? I can see YouTube maybe, but Skype for sure requiring Live.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    True, but I like using them on Xbox too. I pay for them on there, not on my computer haha.

YouTube, Bing, and Skype are the only new features added aren't they? I can see YouTube maybe, but Skype for sure requiring Live.

When you boot up your Xbox 360 on December 6th you’ll be greeted with an update message. Applying that update with introduce a completely new dashboard experience, as well as a number of other new features, to your Xbox 360.

Microsoft made the official announcement about the new dashboard’s launch today via Major Nelson. The update brings with it Cloud storage for game saves and Live profiles, Beacons and Facebook sharing, enhanced family settings, more voice and gesture controls for Kinect users, Bing support (US, UK, CA) and a new, more streamlined interface.

In addition, Microsoft is planning to slowly roll out new features for the new-and-improved dashboard after its initial launch on December 6, 2011. Specifically, the television partnerships we reported on a few months back will start hitting the Xbox 360 during the holiday months, as well as new applications for movies, Internet videos, sports and music.

The new Xbox 360 dashboard has been in a closed beta period for a while now, giving only a small percentage of Xbox Live users a chance to test the waters of Cloud storage and improved Kinect controls. But on December 6th, everyone will be able to dive into the deep end of the new dashboard and experience what Microsoft is claiming is like getting a brand-new system. Time will tell if that’s true or not.
    The most info I've seen on it. It's expecting several other updates later on too, so maybe they'll add it's own browser.

Just when you thought they couldn't shove more advertising into the Dashboard...
    I'm still a fan of the original. And I just started getting used to this new one and kinda liking it, so they are gonna replace it again. Ugh.

I don't like Bing anyway- why put it on my Xbox?
    Shouldn't the only real category on my Xbox be games anyway? And everything else be optional to add instead of forced?
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Thread Information