Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PC vs Console

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post

Looks like PC dominated that comparison. I guess its true, you get what you pay for. Lets face it, a console is just a marketing ploy to keep those new releases for $60 grinding out to as many buyers as they can target. Most console players probably pay substantially in the end, and still own a sub par piece of hardware.
    Exactly. Console gamers don't realize just how much you can save going with PC. Hell, $50 + Steam Christmas Sale can net you ~10 games that would still cost 20-30 bucks (maybe more in some cases) on consoles.

Sig by TheMangler

Default You Can't Lose With PC

If you like controls of consoles then buy an xbox controller for pc there out there, another thing is when new consoles come out u have to upgrade and it costs heaps. with computers u only need to upgrade it to suit the games that u wan't to play so eg. putting in more ram. yes pc is more pricey but in the long run they turn out alot cheaper and ethical

PC. More customizability, more games (thank you third party devs), better controls (generally). Although there are some games I would rather play on a console because the controls feel more natural.

Default PC

I used to LOVE Xbox but i much prefer my Pc Now So PC definatly

PC = more MODS .. COnsoles = games more fast

Consoles aren't necessarily faster. There are often certain limits put onto consoles that aren't on the PC. Sometimes its not very noticeable.

Consoles would be better than almost all of the affordable gaming PCs if they had all of their processing cores working on all of the tasks in conjunction.
    To my knowledge, consoles have individual cores that each work on their own tasks, which makes the machine fall short of how powerful it could actually be if all of the processors were applied 100%.

It would probably cost more to design a console that has all its processors work together. Probably why they don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    It would probably cost more to design a console that has all its processors work together. Probably why they don't do it.
    That is true, but surely it would be better off for them to do so because it would increase the consoles longevity. They wouldn't have to spend any money on making a new console for a long time after the current one.

Take the next Xbox for example, the one that's been dubbed the "Xbox 720". If they put their effort and budget into creating a console with a processing unit that's as good as one you would find in a gaming PC, then that would effectively kill off a fair bit of competition, and would provide gamers with many, many years of entertainment, whilst keep up with the times throughout the same amount of years.

Thread Information