Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guitar!

Default New guitar!

So I was sick and tired of my Jackson JS30KV King V being a waste of space. It was built pretty crappy and sent to me that way from the factory, but I was 13 and didn't care cause it looked cool. But I just traded it for a Schecter Diamond Series guitar that actually costs a little more than my V did when I bought it 5 years ago, except it's only 2 years old! Big upgrade.

Here's some pics

There's some screws that go here to hold the tuning. Just restrung it though so going to wait a bit on it.

Old style! Strings don't run through to the back.

It's got stock pickups but still sounds fairly decent. I've been playing mostly Avenged, Nickelback, heavier Billy Talent, and Metallica songs through it and it sounds pretty good for a ~$300 guitar.

Congrats man! Never played a Schecter myself but I've heard good things, how's it feel?

Sig by TheMangler

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Congrats man! Never played a Schecter myself but I've heard good things, how's it feel?
    Smooth neck, no pull or grab, and when my hand starts sweating it doesn't stick either. The fretboard is a little too slippery for my liking and the strings don't bend as easily, but it's a solid feeling guitar. It's definitely not made to rip s*** up on, but for anything else thats just heavy and makes you wanna headbang it sounds great. Between this and my Squier, it'll definitely last me until I get my Eric Clapton signature Strat.

ROFLBRYCE you have begun a new quest: Rock on!

"Kink3bird in Whiterun has requested I post a video of me playing a cover to "Sweet Child o' Mine" on my sweet new guitar!"

Reward: Respect of the rock gods and a GFP donation from Kink3bird!

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kink3bird View Post
    ROFLBRYCE you have begun a new quest: Rock on!

"Kink3bird in Whiterun has requested I post a video of me playing a cover to "Sweet Child o' Mine" on my sweet new guitar!"

Reward: Respect of the rock gods and a GFP donation from Kink3bird!

Good luck
    Haha! Was thinking of doing a video of the guitar for kicks anyways. Don't know Sweet Child of Mine though..maybe I'll just do bits and pieces of some songs and use the intro, how's that? :P

Oooooh Hello handsome!

A video would be lovely <:
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

I've got a Shecter, I got it for ... Christmas? a couple years ago. It's a Diamond Series Black Jack, and I have not seen another one like it since we got it. I personally love Shecter guitars. It's just a shame the 'Drive' knob on my amp broke off. I can show pictures if you'd like, but it's really similar to yours.

Yours is a beaut, though.
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 12-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Very nice Guitar. Looks kinda like mine, I have one that's all black too, but your's is definitely much better.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Haha! Was thinking of doing a video of the guitar for kicks anyways. Don't know Sweet Child of Mine though..maybe I'll just do bits and pieces of some songs and use the intro, how's that? :P
    That sounds great man I'm looking forward to it!
    BTW What songs do you know how to play ?

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    Oooooh Hello handsome!

A video would be lovely <:
    I'll get on it Miss Lemon! :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    I've got a Shecter, I got it for ... Christmas? a couple years ago. It's a Diamond Series Black Jack, and I have not seen another one like it since we got it. I personally love Shecter guitars. It's just a shame the 'Drive' knob on my amp broke off. I can show pictures if you'd like, but it's really similar to yours.

Yours is a beaut, though.
    Pics would be cool man! I'm lovin this Schecter. I've only ever heard of the brand until I got it. It's a great build and sound. Get your drive knob fixed man! You need it dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Very nice Guitar. Looks kinda like mine, I have one that's all black too, but your's is definitely much better.
    Thanks! Never knew you played guitar. I think it looks pretty sweet. It's not my dream guitar look but it's still nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink3bird View Post
    That sounds great man I'm looking forward to it!
    BTW What songs do you know how to play ?
    Fully? Not very many lol.

Enter Sandman-Metallica (minus solo. No wah-wah or shredding skills)
    Unholy Confessions-Avenged Sevenfold
    The Ex-Billy Talent
    Try Honesty-Billy Talent (almost fully)
    Hotel California-Eagles
    Somethin 'Bout You-Brooks and Dunn

With bits and pieces from other various Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Billy Talent, Rise Against, Die Mannequin, Nickelback, Three Days Grace, 3 Doors Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Breaking Benjamin, ZZ Top, AC/DC, and other bands I'm too lazy to think of atm lol.

Thread Information