Default Army , Coast Guard , Navy , Air Force & others

Hi all, I would like to start this thread and have a huge discussion about the US army and other categories. Have you ever though about joining and fighting for your country? I respect who fights for our country and would like to thank them all. Are you currently enrolled or thinking about to join or was on active duty?

I have a cousin who I am visiting now in Florida and been hearing lots of story's about when he was in Iraq some nice and some sad , hes going to Afghanistan in 2013 for a year and their expanding his contract for another 2 years which really sucks for him and our family any story's you got or any family members of yours that you would like to talk about and thank?

I want to join the US Coast Guard and actually signed up today around February when I turn 18 Ill be getting a call with more information.

I'm in the mood of hearing your thoughts about the army and how you feel about it. It can be about anything.

Thanks for taking a look at the thread and I hope I don't sound like a troll or anything I'm just trying to find and read info others would like to share.

Honestly, it's never crossed my mind once. The US gov't fights for absolutely nothing that I feel like I can back up. If we were invaded, that would be something completely different. If that were the case, of course I would defend myself and country.... but with things as they are now, and to just join? Never. The possibility of losing my life over the ridiculous things this country feels are necessary and because we feel the need to control and be in everyone else's business, is not worth it to me. Im not trying to offend anyone that has served or is in any way. I can see why other people do, I just can't join something I don't support.

Im also a bit biased, as I've only known a few people that have went into the military. One was killed, and the other 2 came back completely different people.... brainwashed killing machines basically..... very sad and for what? Absolutely nothing :/

One time I nearly joined the Marines and was set to take a mini asvab but 15 min later they called back and said the yearly allotment for GED slots was taken up. I personally find it stupid but whatever. Any who back on my thoughts, I think joining a service can do a lot of good for you personally if you don't have a significant other. My gf mother suggested I could sign up to pay for college but 3 months away is too much to be away from my gf. And if i get called up to war that will kill our relationship as well. Just to much to sacrifice.

Maybe not US army

but yeah im thinking sometimes if I should join the army, I got really close a few years ago but then they changed system from conscripts to something else.

Thread Information