Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

i didnt try because it said it was offline

Got information from our sponsor, the server we're on is having issues, it should be upgraded soon, until then, I guess we're stuck with this. I'll reboot the server every once in a while when it's empty just to reset everything.

Sorry about this guys. Not much I can do. Will update this thread when I receive word that the issue was fixed.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Kind of forgot about it, but if it helps the error I get when I try to join is "The server responded with an invalid server key"

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Kind of forgot about it, but if it helps the error I get when I try to join is "The server responded with an invalid server key"
    That's usually with a client, the quote below is what Dili posted when he tested the server out for us several weeks ago:

Some internet research suggests that it's an issue with the release of 1.0 - some, but not all, users experience this error. It is NOT a server error, it is an issue with the client, and it has been fixed in 1.0.1. Curiously enough, the error happens frequently to those that have it but is random - if you close your client, reopen it, and make brute force attempts to connect to the server you will eventually randomly successfully connect to the server.

Going into the Texture Pack menu option and back to the main menu accomplishes the same thing as closing and reopening the client for this issue, apparently, and many users (including myself) have found the easiest workaround is to repeatedly go into that menu and attempt another connection to the server until it finally lets you on.

I was able to connect to the server after struggling with the above
    edit: The server should be moved to a new server since it randomly shows offline, no data should be lost, but just in case, I still have the backup from Wicked. The Hostname connection info may not change, but the IP address most likely will, will update this thread soon.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 01-03-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Smile Issues

Hello,
    I am from Snaju LLC the provider sponsoring this server. I am sorry for the downtime as we strive to provide good quality service. As I do play minecraft my self a lot, the "Invalid Server Key" is a server side, and a client side bug dealing with validating against the minecraft auth servers. As when you try to connect to the server, it will validate your username with the minecraft servers.

Again i am sorry for the downtime, and if you want I can watch the server for it does not go down until we get the new box in (Ordered already).

Thanks for your patients and we hope you enjoy your server when we get this fixed.

Kind Regards,
    Zackary Pedersen
    Snaju LLC President

Thanks for the info Zackary, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by keoir View Post
    Hello,
    I am from Snaju LLC the provider sponsoring this server. I am sorry for the downtime as we strive to provide good quality service. As I do play minecraft my self a lot, the "Invalid Server Key" is a server side, and a client side bug dealing with validating against the minecraft auth servers. As when you try to connect to the server, it will validate your username with the minecraft servers.

Again i am sorry for the downtime, and if you want I can watch the server for it does not go down until we get the new box in (Ordered already).

Thanks for your patients and we hope you enjoy your server when we get this fixed.

Kind Regards,
    Zackary Pedersen
    Snaju LLC President
    Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. Careful though, you will become hooked quickly here.

If your client shows that the server is offline or gives you an error while trying to connect just restart your client. While testing the server I ran into connection problems quite a bit and it would usually allow me to connect after restarting once or twice.

It's been offline for me every time I've tried it. It's been several days since I last bothered though, so I'll give your method a go and see what happens.

Edit: huh, tried with hostname, IP, IP+port. No dice. Tried direct connect IP+port and got in.
    Last edited by Synge; 01-07-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

A bunch of people logged in today (I only recognize two names), I couldn't spot any errors in the logs.

I'm glad you were able to get in, what name do you use in game? Couldn't find 'synge' in the logs.

Thread Information