View Poll Results: Who should be GF Gamer Of The Year 2011?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mizel

10 28.57%
  • paecmaker

5 14.29%
  • HamadaLFC8

4 11.43%
  • Knibbler

2 5.71%
  • Muffincat

14 40.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

this was a great poll of the most popular girls on GF. =P
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Start eating cheetos until the point you need a bra, and dear god Bob, I will almost guarantee you GOTY2012.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Because 3/5 are men? oO

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    Because 3/5 are men? oO
    I think he was referring to the amount of votes, mostly towards you and Mizel. All the guys combined beats her by just 1 point, xD

Im just saying a forum full of gamers is going to tend to lean towards befriending girls and generally having a better disposition to them. Not that that makes us desperate or sad, but guys are more competitive even in a social aspect. I would really doubt that any video game forum that is active will not have the token popular forum girls.

this just translates into a fancy way of saying your gender may have affected the voting.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

this just translates into a fancy way of saying your gender may have affected the voting.
    That would mean that every GOTY should have been female right?

I knew there was something off about Jango and Scott.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

We.... vote for girls to gain their trust in hopes of sexual activity?... That sounds extremely perverted, Muffincat and Mizel have so many votes because they were clearly the most active users last year.

Im just saying a forum full of gamers is going to tend to lean towards befriending girls and generally having a better disposition to them. Not that that makes us desperate or sad, but guys are more competitive even in a social aspect. I would really doubt that any video game forum that is active will not have the token popular forum girls.

I agree for the most part, but wouldn't care enough to bump a dead thread to say such :P. All forums that I have been apart of, as soon as a female is revealed they have been put on a pedestal

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

I barely even made it into the nominations, and many of the nominations were for men. I think it's completely taking away any credit to Mizel or I by saying that it's just because we're girls... I really don't think that's the case. I put a lot of work into the forum in this past year and it's totally rude to say that I only got votes because I am female. There are tons of popular males (like Jango, who won last year, as Linux said). Mizel is incredibly active on the forum, and I did a lot of work within it (especially towards the first half of last year). I'm not saying the other nominees didn't do anything, but saying we only got it because we're females? Really?

While I am not saying that gender plays no part, I really don't think most people voted based on that.

I personally have a better opinion of our forum members than that. I am a female, and I am a gamer, and I am a pretty invested member of this forum (well, less lately, but definitely throughout 2011). Trying to belittle our votes because we're girls is just... wrong.

For instance: 14 of the total nominees were male. 2 were female. While there are more men than women in general on the forum, there's still a sizable female population. By your logic, women should have gotten more nominations.

Maybe there's a chance we got votes based on our merit, and not because of our gender -_-

edit: also, I am positive that there were votes by newer members just for whoever was in the lead at the time, or all sorts of other reasons.

You're basically saying that there's no way I would have gotten any votes if I was a guy? Thanks...
    Last edited by Muffincat; 04-14-2012 at 10:16 PM.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

I never said it was a deciding factor, I just stated it was a factor in your likability. I know you and have met you, so I can factually state you are a cool person. Lots of other people base it on your gender. Its also pretty presumptive to think I was implying guys would be dumb enough to think they would benefit from blind favoritism. Thats the same as calling us all morons, and shame on anyone who got all defensive over nothing.

Just because someone has an opinion that factors in possibilities you dont like does not mean their opinion is extream left or right. I just see lots of forums where the females are the most liked members. Those are also forums that have learned not to take offence to me so quick.

Also muffin you should know me better. If Im going to joke around with you its not intended to be mean. Its just a factually based statement that can be found amusing. This double standard just proves my point, no one would give to ****s if someone questioned my popularity. But its OK to assume Im an asshole for being a guy. A better response to this would be to accept that people are going to be nicer to you than me for your being a girl. Fact.

If you want to dispute this than I will pretend to be a girl while you try and pretend to be a guy on a forum. Think about it. Or just look at the female members visitor comments.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    I agree for the most part, but wouldn't care enough to bump a dead thread to say such :P. All forums that I have been apart of, as soon as a female is revealed they have been put on a pedestal
    There has to be something to this if the two of us are agreeing.

Also in regard to Jango, didnt he flee the forum because of internal conflict and try to steal a part of this forums member base? I see some conflicting ideas in this theory. He was competing for alpha male and lost, far as I see it. Whats wrong in pointing out when that shifts to decairing alpha female? How is that rude?

Also being offended is redundant, I will not be responsible for your emotional state. Unless I affect it in a direct personal setting (ie in person) or conflict with your human rights. Witch Im not. Sometimes being honest comes off as rude, and thats fine as long as we all learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    You're basically saying that there's no way I would have gotten any votes if I was a guy? Thanks...
    Probably would have had a better chance against Jango. =P
    Last edited by BobTD; 04-15-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Thread Information