Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up Drakensang Online

Screenshots and videos are in the link above, that give you a bit of a demonstration as to what the game is like or similar to, and I will be here to answer questions and to assist wherever I can, if you decide to play and require help.

Drakensang Online is a free-based MMORPG with some more innovative ideas in the works than other MMOs I have played before.
    • Most MMOs have a trade system, which leads to pushing items and cheating. This one doesn't.
    • Most MMOs have a huge problem with people selling off in-game currency via real currency which drives inflation totally across the board -- Drakensang doesn't, because they offer their in-game money as random drops and also cheap prices.
    • Since the game is still in Beta processing, the DevTeam is working with the ideas and listening to the community to better the game. They have a rather active forum for the issues and problems that arise on a daily basis.

There are currently 3 classes
    The DragonKnight (DK) is a tanking beast of a knight. A sword-based powerhouse with a lot of AoE moves around his person and some natural buffs to increase ability.

The SpellWeaver (SW) is a balanced mage of both distance and AoE close-quarters. Slowing, massive damage spells or long distance firebolts -- they make for formidable opponents, able to deal massive DPS.

The Ranger is as it always has been in games like this -- an arrow-slinging fiend. Short bows or Long, they offer netting opponents, traps (which are pretty much vital to soloing) and some heavy damage piercing arrows. One of the coolest functions for the Ranger is "Dive" -- which allows you to jump and perform a tuck-roll to avoid combat or massive spells.

While there aren't many abilities for each character, the game really gets solid and harder around level 20-22, because that's when you've mastered most of your skills (so far) and are now working on equipment runs.

Currency
    Andermant is the in-game currency that you can also purchase with real-time currency, via PayPal or cellphone. The coolest part about this money is that you gain it from most first-time quests in a decent sum, and then you can also find it / farm it from monsters as a random drop. Currently, at Level 21, the monsters around me randomly drop 9 Andermant. And it's been increasing since the beginning of the game, from about 4.

Gold/Silver/Copper isn't a necessity, but ... is? You don't often buy weapons or armor with this regular-game currency, but it is especially needed for repairing the armor and items that you have equipped. Buying merchants items is really a waste, because they're just Common Drops. Nothing more.

Ending Synopsis, is that the game plays a lot like most MMOs. They have a good PvP system in place with some pretty slick 3v3 arenas or Capture the Flag moments which are a lot of fun. They also have a fully PvP server, but the hard part about those is actually taking the time to build up a fully unique character on that server, because characters don't cross over.
    Guilds are enabled. Good stuff.
    Friends list is enabled. Good tracking.

All in all, I'd rate the game a solid 4/5 right now, especially for still being in the Beta stages. They're on the right track and all of their said-stuff seems to be really well thought and the forums are active.

If you're looking for me in game:

Server: Agathon - East Coast
    Name: Exodyusoorg
    Last edited by Exodyus; 01-16-2012 at 11:18 AM.

A friend came over as I was looking at this thread and he said it looked cool, so we tried it out. We're both level 7 right now. It's a pretty fun game, we did a few dungeons, but then the game crashed 3 times on within probably an hour. Both are games crashed at the same time in basically the same spot. So I don't know wtf is going on with it.

I just started on Tegan server with a new character who's nearly level seven already, lol.

What server are you guys on?

And where exactly are you trying to go that it crashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodyus View Post
    I just started on Tegan server with a new character who's nearly level seven already, lol.

What server are you guys on?

And where exactly are you trying to go that it crashed?
    We started one on the US east. I made a Dragonknight, and he made a spellweaver.

Well the first time it crashed right when we went into the that first dungeon right when you leave the first town. The one that cost those relic pieces or w/e they're called. Can't think of the name. Then the second time it crashed twice when were just in the wilderness fighting and it crashed at almost the same time each time.

Hmm ... might have been a hiccup in the server. It's still definitely in beta, so they're still working out the kinks.

And you have to have a party of 3 or more, I believe, to enter that Rune Door. Lol. It says so right on it, so it just kinda floats aimlessly.

Yeah, it said recommended 3 people, but we still got in. We both pushed enter, then the game crashed. logged back in and we were both inside the dungeon. It was actually really easy to complete with 2 people. Neither of us came close to dying, the shout that dragon knight gets at level 6 is OP. It's basically god mode lol.

It's definitely a fun game though, trying to read the forums about stuff so I know what I'm doing.

Oh, I use the client too. Not sure if that may be why, he used the browser version the first time it crashed though. then he downloaded the client.

If you keep playing on that server and get high enough, lemme know. My archer is level 22 on Agathon.

Decided to play some Tegan to see if the server was any different and for the Spellweaver. I haven't played the DK yet, but this freakin' mage is insanely OP. Lol. You'll noticed that they're pretty powerful -- all the characters up til about 18-20 and then things start to get REAL, if you haven't spent time working on equipment. Lol...

I love this game

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    A friend came over as I was looking at this thread and he said it looked cool, so we tried it out. We're both level 7 right now. It's a pretty fun game, we did a few dungeons, but then the game crashed 3 times on within probably an hour. Both are games crashed at the same time in basically the same spot. So I don't know wtf is going on with it.

Gold/Silver/Copper isn't a necessity, but ... is? You don't often buy weapons or armor with this regular-game currency, but it is especially needed for repairing the armor and items that you have equipped. Buying merchants items is really a waste, because they're just Common Drops. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by eryuefena View Post
    But around level 20+ if you're not spending Andermant to purchase weapons, then they're the next best thing if you haven't found the level-drop of your weapon. And they're dirt cheap, lol.

I have like 5-6 gold in game, and a weapon for level 22 costs like 3 silver, rofl. I mean, come on... You repair with gold and buy cheap stuff, that's it.

Keep in mind, the game is still in beta.

Thread Information