Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Standard rune/masteries?

Just wondering if there's any real "Standard" or basic set of runes/masteries to use for each role. I kind of have a basic AD carry setup but past that I dunno what to do. I understand that lots of characters need their own builds, but there shouldn't be anything too bad for 1-3 games just starting out or trying them out.

I use AD18 marks and glyphs, flat attack speed seals, and -5% dead quint I got from a riot thing I can't remember.

I know it's not a great build at all, but it's working okay until I get some more IP.

My AD carry runes which I use for almost all my AD's is Marks and Seals flat ATK damage. Glyphs are flat atk speed and Quints are Armor Pen.

I like the AD boost for early game so I can hopefully get first blood and win my lane.
    Last edited by Trunks; 02-05-2012 at 05:26 PM.

I wouldn't say there is a 'standard' set anywhere, just what works for you.

For my AD carries, I go for Armor penetration and attack speed. I have one set for teemo (and other dps) which is full attack speed so I usually hit 2.5 atk spd by lvl 11 or 12.

Then for my AP carries, I used to have full magic pen, but now I switched out half of them for AP per level runes.

Again, it depends on what works for you at that time, meaning what works for you may change.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Blah they're the correct answers, not what I was looking for at all! haha.

I've just been trying to get into more champions without having to fork out 2K IP for new runes and stuff. Kinda want to learn a couple support champions and more carries, I haven't really played an AP carry other than a few Anivia and Veigar games a while back, and never tried support/jungle/tank.

Pre level 30 runes aren't a huge deal. Just have a few AD runes and maybe some armor and MR and you should be fine. I wouldn't worry much about runes until you get to 20 though, because there are tier 3 runes that you can buy.

My AD/DPS runes are Armor Pen Marks, Attack Speed Seals, CDR glyphs, and Attack Damage quinns but I'm not sure how good that is. Works well on my Warwick and Yi builds though

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

Use pure attack speed runes for kog'maw. The big boast early game really helps with his w ability (or e I can't remember which one is his extra range/damage ability)

If you get Q first, you already get a atk speed boost for, pointless to build for atk speed runes with kog, it's wasteful.

Starting with his q and flat atk speed you're already at 1 atk speed. Much better than the base .7 or so other characters have. I'm sure that there are much better runes I could get for him but I've been wasting all my IP on random champions.

Yeah, but all that atk speed is worthless if you do no damage. once kog's Q is at max he gets 30% atk speed in that its self on top of Atk speed boots. Late game the runes are wasted because you won't that atk speed, you'll be close to cap with boots, Q passive and a Phantom Dancer. You'll be close to 2.0 with just that and cap is at 2.5. Much better to get Armor pen and AD runes for Kog. You'll hit way harder at the start then you would with the W buff, even with its extra damage.

Thread Information