Default Request-a-Thread

When making a new thread I sometimes run into the problem of making a duplicate of some older hard to find thread. Would it be possible to get a sticky thread created where you can ask a mod or another member to find threads for you? So we don't have single post threads that just point you to another.

That's what the search feature is for, it's faster than waiting for a mods responses and besides, that's the same thing they're going to use to find a thread. It really only takes less than a minute to look. Just search by thread title, if you don't see anything about your topic, then you're good.

Firstly I can't search using my phone and secondly it doesn't always give you the results of that you want because people give their threads weird names

Well there is no magic search button that the mods or anyone else have, everyone would find the post the same way. So your second point is unsolvable lol.From my experience everyone names there threads correctly, At least in all the gaming threads, maybe the news or post anything thread they're a little weird. For the most part, the title has what is in the threads.

You phone doesn't let you search? What type of phone do you have? I know Iphones allow you to search, and my crappy Samsung Solstice that runs from java also allows me to.

Another thing you can do is go back the first couple of pages under a forum or sub forum and see if you see anything.

I usually search in the forums by going through 5 or so pages. And for some reason my phone wont let me input text in the search bar.

You won't be penalized for opening a thread of the same topic, we have plenty of them so Don't worry too much about it. If anything, we'll just close the one opened later (or least popular one) and link to the older (more popular) one.

If a thread is 5 years old and you open one of the same topic then it's fine to open a new one rather than bump a 5 year old thread.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Also, at the bottom of the page, the forum shows links to similar threads, which is often how I find them. But yeah, we usually just merge them or close them, as Linux said, so I don't know that this is really necessary.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Thread Information