Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 and PC?

Default PS3 and PC?

I've been doing some snooping around and have been wondering: Are there games that PS3 and PC share? I'm a huge xbox fan and I'm starting to delve into the wonderful world of pc gaming. Games for windows gives me a good library of xbox games, but I'd like to play some PS3 exclusives like uncharted. But I don't want to shell out the money for a whole new console. I have my doubts about the possibilities but I'd like to know for sure.

You cannot play the PS3 games on your PC. Firstly, you would need a blu-ray dive (which you may or may not have), and secondly you would need the necessary bios, firmware, and codecs to get it running. The 2 systems have a very different architecture.

Yupp, what Emp said! There are a ton of games that are on both PC and the PS3.... but they are not compatible with each other unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Yupp, what Emp said! There are a ton of games that are on both PC and the PS3.... but they are not compatible with each other unfortunately.
    ya no, I wasn't looking to play the actual ps3 disc on my laptop but I was looking for more ps3 exclusive titles that have been released on the pc as well so that's good to know. I just gotta look into it more, I really want to play uncharted cause it sounds really cool, but I just don't think theres gonna be a pc version

Ok, I thought that's what you meant! :P

Honestly, I thought there were maybe a few games that were PS3 exclusives and on PC as well.... but I can't find any D: Guess that would sort of defeat the purpose of "exclusive" title, but still lol

It would be highly unlikely, but still possible. Microsoft and Sony don't play very well with each other.
    Gaming is an addiction....a good one

Sony's first party titles (Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, etc) will never be on another platform. Their exclusive games are what sell their systems, they wouldn't give them up to a superior platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    It would be highly unlikely, but still possible. Microsoft and Sony don't play very well with each other.
    Not sure if you're implying that M$ make money from PC games sales (I'm assuming so, seeing as this thread is about PC/PS3 and has nothing to do with the 360) but I just wanted to clarify that even though Windows is the primary OS for gaming, M$ doesn't make a dime. Except from Games For Windows Live, but who uses that ****?
    Last edited by Synge; 02-22-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Not sure if you're implying that M$ make money from PC games sales (I'm assuming so, seeing as this thread is about PC/PS3 and has nothing to do with the 360) but I just wanted to clarify that even though Windows is the primary OS for gaming, M$ doesn't make a dime. Except from Games For Windows Live, but who uses that ****?
    I bought Fable 3 off steam when it was on sale via Steam and didn't realize it forced you to run that disgusting program... God, it's awful. And it pretty much crashes the game, as well as many other things -.- I couldn't believe how terrible it was. :/

It's the kind of thing that would ENCOURAGE you to pirate games, because it makes things unplayable. Good job, Microsoft.

Sorry for the off topic but it really makes me sad

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    I bought Fable 3 off steam when it was on sale via Steam and didn't realize it forced you to run that disgusting program... God, it's awful. And it pretty much crashes the game, as well as many other things -.- I couldn't believe how terrible it was. :/

It's the kind of thing that would ENCOURAGE you to pirate games, because it makes things unplayable. Good job, Microsoft.

Sorry for the off topic but it really makes me sad
    Same thing happened to me!

Also, pirated or not, unfortunately you still have to use Games for Windows

Unfortunately PS3 games are no more compatible with PC than with Xbox or vice versa.

Thread Information