Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy EA

Default Occupy EA

as most of you know, EA is holding most of the games you love hostage, in order to scan your computer with their new cloud service Origin. Thought they have changed their ULA to hide the fact that they are scanning your pc every time it starts, little has changed. Join me to raise awareness.

Please visit Occupy EA's facebook page, and like. More information is available there.

Occupy EA | Facebook
    Last edited by bobjaret; 03-02-2012 at 12:09 PM.

This doesn't sound productive at all.

^ Totally agree

Shouldn't be PC gaming anyway lol
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

how could it not be? do you like the things you do being recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjaret View Post
    how could it not be? do you like the things you do being recorded?
    Yes, sex.

But I guess you didn't mean that, specifically.

I meant the whole occupy thing. Nothing is going to change their policy this way. And im sure somewhere in the TOS it mentions it which means lawsuit pretty much effed cause a defense of bu bu didn't see it in the TOS and it being in there will get the lawsuit thrown out faster than ever

I honestly don't see the big deal. The cloud is a good thing not bad, it will increase download times and make your information safer. As for the scanning, if they even are at least, it's probably only checking to make sure you have licensed versions of their games. If you're not doing anything wrong, why even worry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I honestly don't see the big deal. The cloud is a good thing not bad, it will increase download times and make your information safer. As for the scanning, if they even are at least, it's probably only checking to make sure you have licensed versions of their games. If you're not doing anything wrong, why even worry about it?
    They have no business collecting data on your personal pc. and no it dosnt just scan to see if the game is installed. you really should do some reading about this. i still cannot link until i have made 10 posts, but use google and check out the FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjaret View Post
    They have no business collecting data on your personal pc. and no it dosnt just scan to see if the game is installed. you really should do some reading about this. i still cannot link until i have made 10 posts, but use google and check out the FB page.
    Origin is not spyware. Neither do we use nor install spyware on the PCs of users.

Origin captures limited information that is necessary to allow users to buy, download, and play games and gaming content. The information is also needed for online connections with other players and so that extra content and software updates can be delivered directly. The data is also used to detect the occurrence of smaller software errors to ensure they are repaired immediately.

We do not have access to information such as pictures, documents or personal data, which have nothing to do with the execution of the Origin program on the system of the player, neither will they be collected by us.

All information we collect with Origin and use is to ensure that our customers have the easiest possible access to their games while enjoying the full service and the best gaming experience that EA has to offer.

EA takes the privacy of its users very seriously. We have taken every precaution to protect the personal and anonymous user data collected.

The license agreements of Origin match industry-standard privacy policies, as they are used by many other popular web services. Where necessary, we will of course work together with the relevant Government agencies to ensure that our policies are and remain legally compliant.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-...-PC-36690.html

I did, they're just checking to see if you purchases the games legally.
    Last edited by Trunks; 03-01-2012 at 03:00 PM.

get yo tinfoil hats ready

Thread Information